Open LC entries in scenery library

Murfman

Hello,

I am about to purchase Open LC for Alaska, Canada and Arctic. I seem to recall from installing Europe LC that is was necessary to move LC entries at the bottom of the other ORBX entries in the library. That turned out to be a very tedious project considering the number of entries needing to be moved.

My question is: is there some way to move all the LC entries as a group?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

there is a program to manipulate the FSX Scenery Library entries as a group but I can not recall the name ATM.

However there is a less work intensive way to manipulate Library entries than clicking time after time to move an entry up or down in the library.  It works on a single entry at a time but if you click on the file you want to move and then click the move up or move down button for the way you want to move the entry you only have to press the Enter key and hold it down and the file will continue to move in the direction you want until you release the Enter key.  Sure beats clicking Move Down or Move Up 'sbenty lebin' time for each move of the file.

With the new NA Canada LC you have to relocate all the LC entries because the installer moves all of them above the OZx, FTX entries and they should be below the FTX files.

Hi Tom

I just opened the FTX Central 2, went to the Scenery Library Insertion Point screen, the screen shown just like in Page 10 of the Manual. I just pressed SAVE CHANGES at the right low corner, then all the Orbx Airports would be above the OpenLC. I later checked this in FSX Scenery Library and found all Orbx airports on the top list just above OpenLC files. Running Orbx and non-Orbx airports found normal.

Cheers

Terry

I appreciate the information each of you submitted. Thank you!  I decided to go with Spud's recommendation as the simplest.  I do say, though, that if you use this method of holding down the Enter key, you should first determine about how many pages in the library you're going to need to move your entry.  When you hold down the Enter key, the pages flip by at about 1 page/sec, and you'll easily shoot way past your desired position if you don't count pages as they flip by.

As a further point of discussion, I did investigate the insertion point facility that is part of FTX Central.  I did notice something new and rather important.  In the earlier version of FTX Central, you could place an insertion point of ORBX sceneries and one for OZ_x sceneries.  That latter option is now missing.  I noticed while playing around with the tool that it insisted on placing my OZ_x sceneries at the top of the library.  Even though I would manually place them just above ORBX sceneries, as soon as I pressed the Save button, they would appear at the top.  So, I just shrugged it off and determined that I would set the OZ_x sceneries when I opened the library within FSX.  But, when I moved them to their formerly recommend position, i.e., just above ORBX, and pressed OK, I found that they had been moved to the top again, no doubt as part of a command from FTX Central.  Anyway, I tried moving OZ_x down again, but FSX locked up.  When I went back into the library after restarting FSX, guess where I found OZ_x?  Just above ORBX and just below Ant's Airports, just where I wanted them.  Go figure!

Regards,

Tom

Archived