A Couple of Questions

Hangar200

Hi,

After trying the Free Iceland FTX Global I am hooked.  However, before I make the plunge, I have a couple of quests I hope the good folks on this forum can help me with.

By way of background I do a bit of scenery and mission work–mostly airports…sometimes an island–for both the freeware and payware markets.  To do so I normally work to the lowest common denominator, i.e. FSX terrain right out of the box.

From doing a little research (Rob Newman's "Layers in the simulator" graphics were VERY helpful!) and reading the product description on this site (several times) I am left with the impression that FTX Global and then add on FTX LC(s) do not change the basic "overall" FSX terrain.  By this I mean, Are the default airports are in the same positions (Runways, taxiways, autogen buildings, etc.)?  Same for "Landmark" buildings, bridges, rivers & roads?

My understanding of FTXVector is that it does in fact Lchange shorelines, roads and corrects airport elevations.  So if I went with that, I would be exceeding the lowest common denominator, e.g. I might produce an airport scenery that while at the correct altitude, is different from the default FSX airport.  Is this an accurate understanding?

So, with only FTX Global and FTX LCs, if I wanted to put out a mission where "our protagonist" takes off at a specific airport, or follows a road or lands near a specific bridge, I wouldn't have to change a thing…unless I wanted to?

Thanks in advance!  :)  

Archived