Dark area KSTS

delcamp36

Recently bought KSTS Sonoma County and after installing found that I have a dark shady area that is to the right side of runway 32 and stretches onto the apron in front of the buildings. However as I taxi into this area it seems to clear. Has anyone else come across this phenomena

Hi, FireRx, I tried your solution I turned of all shadows and it made no difference. To wulfbindewald I have done as you suggested and posted 2 photos to the website you mentioned. Hope you are able to see it and can throw some light on the problem.

I have done as you suggested and posted 2 photos to the website you mentioned. Hope you are able to see it and can throw some light on the problem.

The guideline to post screenshots mentioned above also includes the last step how to "fit" the screenshots to the forum topic. Please have a look to the chapter "Upload Your screenshot".

Wulf 

Hi Wulf, Have completed the last step but cannot work out how to move it to the forum topic. I have selected the BBCode and the picture appears in the window along with the code and then I am stumped as to what to do next. Can you help an oldie please.

Here we go; now a couple of questions:

(re)installed latest Orbx library, currently Version 150331? To be found in the support area from ORBX FTX.

NCA patch 01 installed?

Do You use FSX DX10 preview or DX9?

Wich hardware do you use (CPU, GPU)? May be a question of texture load time.

Pls repeat this snapshot at dawn; same effect?

Wulf 

Hi Misha, It was suggested earlier that I try this and it did not work. However on the fact that you suggested it I tried again and it does work, gets rid of the dark shadows. Surely though the shadow should not be there in the first place. Anyhow thanks very much for solving this problem for me.

Archived