Iceland demo issues

Hello,

I'm new to the ORBX world and I recently downloaded Iceland demo to try your products. The scenery itself is stunning and I have no problems with it, however it completely scrapped my FSX outside this area. I have UTX+GEX europe and 90% of my flights are in Europe.

The main problems are extremely blurry texture when flying (outside Iceland Demo area) and square texture when there are forests like in this picture

image.jpg

If I disable UTX from his control panel the square textures disappear. I unistalled everything related to ORBX but the problem persists. 

Do you have any solutions

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

[uPDATE]

Following this annoying issue, I've brought my pc back to a stable situation with only base add-on installed (REX, UTX & GEX only). I've checked the square textures and they are gone. Then I tried another reinstall of Iceland NON FTX version then updated to V1.10 and the situation is the same as shown above, so your scenery has something wrong.

Furthermore, Iceland installs FTX Central which is completely useless: it's not even possible to deactivate the scenery!! 

Let me tell you that if this is how you show your scenery to potential customers, I'll definitely stay away from your products. It's very disappointing as they have astonishing graphics...

Hi,

There is a conflict of landclass definition between GEX and FTX Global as the two products do the same. So if you want to try Iceland Demo, you have to unactivate GEX

Hi Giorgio,

It seems that you already have a system: Texture Base, landclass, mesh, and vectors.

You're right as have no idea how the Orbx system works.

*** Consider the guidance of Richard above. He will guide you in how to enter this "astonishing graphics ..." world of FS.

Cheers,

Thanks for your answer. I'll have a look at the guide.

My intention was to purchase Pacific Fjords for some VFR flights. I've read that using FTX central "default" button when flying outside the region, should solve my issues: is this true? I don't want to spend money on something it's not compatible

Archived