are ORBX terrain features contained in FSDiscover! ?

kermit_70

I know FSDiscover! by Flight1.com is quite an old product, but I am wondering if it could still be used with ORBX terrains (either Global or FTX)...

I guess the question for ORBX team is: do you produce or are you aware of files that can be used to update POI database used by FSDiscover ?

Many thanks!

yes, but what about existing files that can be used to update FSDiscover database?

The main point is to discover things I don't know, already...

Could the ORBX team think of generating anything like that? That would increase even more the value of their amazing products!

Could the ORBX team think of generating anything like that? That would increase even more the value of their amazing products!

Hi,

already done whenever you use a FTX region which carries many of specific POIs :)

hey thank you Richard (great pic, by the way!).

Does it mean FSDiscover!  (which I still have to install) will know about ORBX's POIs contained in FTX regions without any extra update/install?

Thanks!

hey thank you Richard (great pic, by the way!).

Does it mean FSDiscover! (which I still have to install) will know about ORBX's POIs contained in FTX regions without any extra update/install?

Thanks!

I don't think so. A FTX region works as a standalone addon. Of course, it is possible to add more POI's if missing but there are no general rules as people are not supposed to have a third party product when they buy the region.

I don't think so. A FTX region works as a standalone addon. Of course, it is possible to add more POI's if missing but there are no general rules as people are not supposed to have a third party product when they buy the region.

So then what did you mean with "already done whenever you use a FTX region which carries many of specific POIs"?

I think you misunderstood my question. I wasn't asking how to add POI in FTX regions, but how to export the location of FTX's POI into a file that could be read by FSDiscover. Are you familiar with that software?

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fsdisc

Since a lot of people are using it, it would just be an extra feature if ORBX made available a file with the POI's implemented in each FTX package. Just an idea.

Cheers!

You can use that tool for your own purpose. ORBX is not allowed to provide file using third party items so is not FSDiscover with ORBX POIs

Archived