New build of Win8.1 and with FSX-SE only - check status

Hi all, due to my boot SSD failing I have had a long think about my fsim future. Steam had SE on special again for US$5 so that helped my decision process. I have purchased SE along with a new SSD and have completed a new install of Window 8.1.

I now plan a solo install of FSX-SE and to this end I am cleaning all classic files from my dedicated 500Gb SSD.

I understand that I should have no registry issues, but still thought I would check in here to cover my bases.

Specifically what I want to check is if it will be ok to install "Steam app" on my 500Gb SSD (E:) drive and then install FSX-SE on the same drive.

From what I have read I will have to get Steam to point to this drive during or after installation.

What is the compatibility status with SE and FTX and other normal add-ons.

I don't have ASN, Opus instead. I have all FTX regions, all AU Airports, most EU and US Airports, Global, Vector, OpenLC EU and FS:Pilots 2010, REX3,4 and Soft Clouds, OZx. (see my sig for a full list). These are all that matter, any other freeware are a bonus if they work.

Would appreciate hearing any comments or a "go ahead" nod.

Cheers.

Well I forged on anyway. I have made significant inroads to a new solo install of FSX:SE and so far very pleased with my decision.

In addition to installing SE, I have now got the following running:

ORBX Scenery and Airports:

FTX: Global, Vector, Open LC EU

AU SP4.2, AU AI-4

All AU Airports (ObjectFlow - is the only issue, and this is not a show stopper)

Central V2

Aircraft:

Realair Legacy Lancair

CERA B222

Other:

All OZx 3.0-1-2-3-4

Pilots FS:Global 2010 FSX Mesh

Steve's DX10 fixer

And aside from the already mentioned ObjectFlow issue, I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy this has been and with the outcome.

For one I can report that I have been able to notch the sliders up by one and still easily maintain my preferred locked Frame rate of 32.

So my next session will be to tackle FTX:NA

On with the show.

Archived