FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest :Problem with ILS 34R KSEA

l52

Hi all,

This past March, I bought FTX: NA Blue USA / Canada Pacific Northwest.

I have a problem with KSEA on ILS RWY 34R (freq. 110.30): The LOC is OK but , despite NAV1 is on the correct frequency, the glide slope it is NOT visible.

I checked the file ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL inside directory C: \ FSX \ Orbx \ FTX_NA \ FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY by ADE tool and I have observed  that the glide slope is NOT set on the right of the runway threshold as it should be, but located about half of the Runway itself.

For now I corrected the position by ADE and now is  ok.

Can anyone tell me if has my same problem?

thanks

Lucio

Hi Lucio,

enclosed a pic which demonstartes that the KSEA RWY34R ILS glide slope from PNW fits well with the runway and the PAPI lights.

More likely there is a ground level problem from the scenery. Which PNW version do you use? 

Current Pacific Northwest is FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014.

2015-6-11_17-42-22-240.jpg

Wulf

Hi

thank for your reply, I bought FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST in March 2015 ... how can I look what is my current version?

... how can I upload my screenshot?

Hi Lucio,

- please ensure to locate any further non-Orbx KSEA addon scenery with lower priority below Orbx/FTX entries in the scenery lib.

- may be the displaced ILS comes from a 3rd party addon.

So I would propose running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names, here *KSEA*. The following files are relating to the FTX PNW scenery:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

Other bgl files with the inclusion of KSEA will be a potential prob maker in the Seattle area. Please post a screenshot for any further discovered KSEA related bgl-files here.

Wulf

The first entry shows, that You are using the FTX Global Vector.

Then the recommendation from the Orbx supporting devs are as follows:

"Make sure to run its Auto-Configuration tool in the Airport Elevation Corrections tab to ensure that any existing duplicates get deactivated (don't forget to press Apply after doing so!)."

BTW I recommend to list all used Orbx products in Your signature for the future. Then any trouble may be sorted out more quickly.

Wulf

Despite having been running the Airport Elevation Corrections tool,(FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration tool ver.1.15) my problem remains

as you can see in this screenshot in file ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.bgl, the position of ID RWY 34R ILS (ISEA) is under ID ISNQ (RWY 16L) ....

ID34R.png

I don't understand why?! ...  the only solution I found in the meantime is to insert a file, with ADE tool in Addon Scenery / scenery to change positions, put the ID glide slope of the KSEA 34R (ISEA) over to the reciprocal ID of RWY16L (ISNQ), just so when I tune the NAV1 on 110.30,  appears the correct ID (ISEA , not ISNQ as it now appears to me in the wrong way) and only as, the glide slope is visible ....!

I do not remember now where I read in this forum that the correct order in the scenery library of FSX ... maybe there is something wrong there!?

Can someone tell me?

thanks in advance!

(in my signature the list of my all Orbx products) 

Thanks for the overall scenery status. I can´t help for special airport ILS correction issues; sorry. 

My concern is that I found RWY34R ILS (ISEA/110.3) path is correct, only the ILS glide slope end point is a few meters behind, which I´ve never recognized as a prob; please see the approach RWY34R pic below....in the Learjet ;-).

May an Orbx guru continue to support....

EDIT: Please add again your FSS order numbers in your signature, which are mandatory for Orbx support acc. to their rules.

2015-6-13_11-37-41-723.jpg

Only after I have correct the stock file bgl of KSEA the glide slope appear:

Correct.jpg

there is some "guru" who can help me solve this problem?

how can I post the sequence order of the scenaries that I have in the library of FSX, so check if the error is caused by a wrong order in which they are ?

thanks

Lucio

Please have a look to a simple guide on how to set your openLC entries in relation to your FTX regions & Airports.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

If the prob persists, please send a pic from your lib. The lib can be shown easily using FTX Central 2 with

Settings -> Tools -> Library Insertion Points

Hi,

despite I have look on guide on how set my OpenLC entries, and changed my Entry Point of ftx, the problem in KSEA (34R) persists.

This is my pics of lib:

1^: Library1e275b.png

2^  Library20ffa7.png

thanks for your help

Lucio

Thanks for the list. The amount of sceneries is really impressive.

There are a couple of conflicts and I suggest to read the experiences and guide in the Orbx compatibilty forum here where a lot of conflict managing advises are shown  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

One culprit is that all UT entries in the scenery lib have a higher prio. So all UT related entries have to be moved downwards.

Besides this You will find several helpful additional advises how to manage UT lights in FTX area.

I suggest a step-to-step approach:

- Move the "entire" FTX bloc to the top (use FTXC2 insertion point mover, then it is only one step) and check, if this solves the KSEA ILS problem

- Then move carefully all other local airport sceneries above FTX.

Good luck!

Archived