Harvey Field. No Grass or markings

ahammerman

Good evening,

I just bought FTX Harvey Field to go along with my PNW scenery. When I installed it I was expecting the beautiful airport I saw in the screenshots and videos I saw. However, there is no grass sticking out of the ground and no taxiway markings or runway markings. there is only the background texture of the taxiways and runways. All the buildings are there, as well as the people and cars. I have read through the PDF, made sure North America is active, made all my settings what the PDF has, made sure what I want in the scenery is checked in the control panel. Still no luck. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling multiple times. I have been trying to fix this problem for 4 hours now. I don't know what else to try! If I can't get it fixed Im going to have to ask for a refund, which I really don't want to do. 

Thanks!

C/SrA Avery Hammerman

Hi Avery,

There's not much we can recommend without seeing the problem. I can make all sorts of suggestions based on description but most of them will be needless :) You don't need to keep reinstalling, whatever the issue is if it doesn't resolve after one reinstall it provably won't after subsequent ones. However if you haven't done a reinstall of the Orbx libraries yet that'd be the place to start.

Are you uploading the BMP files or converting to JPG or PNG first? The raw bitmaps may exceed the file limit. Alternatively you could try another image host like imgur.com or puush.me

Thanks for the screenshots, it looks like a couple issues could be at hand so let's start from the top.

First, have you installed the latest Orbx libraries? They can be found here for download: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

Second, it like you may either have some files disabled or missing, I'll need one more screenshot for that which will be of the contents of your S43 airport scenery folder. Navigate to "C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S43\Scenery" and screenshots the contents of the folder and post it here. 

Looks like the issue is that the ObjectFlow module isn't working. If you're already reinstalled the latest libraries, navigate to C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and run "ModuleInstaller.exe" and select "Install Flight Simulator module(s)". It should have a brief popup stating that it has added the ObjectFlow module to the dll.xml file. 

You may also get a popup upon starting FSX that asks to trust the module, click yes through that and if there are multiple popups you can keep clicking yes.

It should fix all the problems I can see, most of the vegetation and the runway at S43 are controlled by ObjectFlow so they can dynamically swap between seasons. If the module isn't installed or the installation entry gets corrupted, then the files never load and display.

Glad to hear it worked :) If you ever run into a scenario again where lots of grass, people, or buildings are suddenly gone from one or many airports follow that procedure again to make sure it's not the ObjectFlow module missing. Sometimes the dll.xml entry gets corrupted, another 3rd party module inserts and knocks it off the list, little things like that.

Happy flying!

THANKS Alex!!  I just ran into the same problem and this did the trick.  Missing grass, taxiways, runway, etc.

The ObjectFlow module procedure you described worked like a charm.  Glad I hit the forums before spending too much time chasing leprechauns.

Wonder what caused the problem - I too just did a fresh install of PNW and bought a few NA Airports from FSS (S43, W16) and on installation I found the same problem as our original poster. 

I do vaguely recall I may have mistakenly installed the airport before installing the PNW patch 8 (and possibly patch 5) which may have contributed to it.

Archived