Objects missing at 11S Sekiu and 05S Vernonia

SkipperMac

I've just installed a couple of airports in PNW which have been out for some time. However, despite never having any issues with Orbx add-ons before, these two are missing significant elements. At 11S Sekiu I first noticed the missing hangars on the apron, this highlighted by the apron clutter sitting around the dark squares where the hangars ought to be. Then I noticed I have no people, nor static aircraft, nor the flying salmon on a stick that appears in all the pics of Sekiu. Perhaps this picture of the "levitating wind sock" will help to illustrate the point.

oqqweJr.jpg

Then I flew in to 05S Venonia in the Cub. Superb! So well blended that I didn't spot the field until I was nearly directly overhead! But then on landing I realised I was missing stuff: people, 3D grass, bushes, static aircraft - natureflow is working as the trees are swaying, 

I have reinstalled both airports, set the region to NA instead of Global hybrid, reinstalled the latest Libraries... I have checked other Orbx add-ons and everything is working fine there - people, statics, etc, at S43 Harvey...

As you'll see from my signature, I'm no stranger to Orbx which is why I'm so baffled that suddenly two new installations are missing so many fundamental objects and effects which appear to be perfectly functional at the previously added airfields. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Hello,

Looks like your ObjectFlow may not be working. When you installed them, did you get a prompt (assuming you're using FSX) to 'trust' any new ObjectFlow dlls?

If not then the modules probably did not install. To install them, go to your FSX folder, then ORBX/FTX_NA and then FTX_AA_11S and FTX_AA_05S, go into both their Scenery folders, and run both of their ModuleInstaller.exe, and install their modules into FSX.

You should then get a prompt on startup, which you should accept and everything should be ok.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers

Misha,

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you have said - twice - and discovered that, although running the two Module Installers adds their entries to dll.xml, once I run FSX the entries get deleted again.So ObjectFlow for these two airfields is not running.

Any ideas why FSX is deleting the entries?

Regards,

Mac

Hi Mac,

That is strange. Could you please go to your Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder, and open up the dll.xml with notepad, and check if you have these two entries?

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_05S.dll</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_05S\scenery\ObjectFlow_05S.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_11S.dll</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_11S\scenery\ObjectFlow_11S.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

The entry between <Disabled></Disabled> should be False for both of them

Cheers

Misha,

Problem solved! And neither FTX nor FSX were to blame!

Those were the exact entries while the module installers were placing in dll.xml. But each time I ran FSX, they were being 'deleted'. However, what I've discoved is that using SimLauncher to start FSX by booting directly into a situation file (my FSX Free Flight screen is almost guaranteed to crash the sim) ... for some reason it is overwriting dll.xml even though I thought it could only manage separate FSX.cfg files.

Anyway, I now have grass, hangars, statics, etc., at two more lovely but challenging airfields. I just LOVE how Vernonia blends into the surroundings!

Many thanks for your help, especially as it wasn't actually an FTX problem. Learning about the existence of the module installers was useful for future troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Mac

Archived