ORBX EU England Departure Gate issues

GridNorth

I have had the EU England package for some time and used it when flying GA without any issues however when I was having a play with bigger aircraft Airbus, 737 etc.  I found that I could not load a session without crashing immediately.  I tried both Heathrow and Gatwick and small medium and heavy gates but every time, as soon as the game loaded, I crashed as the aircraft appeared to be embedded in a building, pressed up against a post or a vehicle or if it did load the aircraft was nowhere near the gate and sometimes on the opposite side of the building where the gate was.

I do not have any other add-ons. I'm running FSX in Windows 8.1.

Alan

Hi Alan

For any support request, can you please provide a order number into your signature. When done, don't forget to post some screenshotw with location displayed to help investigations. Thank you

Hello Richard

Order Number?  Who keeps Order Numbers once they have a product?  I don't have one, I can't even remember where I bought it. There doesn't appear to be any registration number on either the CD box nor the FTX Central Dialog box. (that is the usual method of validating software) Where does that leave me?

Not sure how a screen shot helps and in any case which bit do you want?  Where FSX says "Crash" in red in the top left corner or the bit where the scenery indexes start to reload over and over again.

Alan

For any product you bought, it is necessary to keep invoice to prove you are the legitimate owner. If you bought your DVD on FSS, you can get for free the download version of FTX England which has most updates embedded (til v1.30). In case it came from another vendor, you can proceed to a cross grade licence (see here)

It appears that I have no way of proving that I am a legitimate purchaser.  I don't have a copy of the Purchase Order, Flight Sim, if that is indeed where I bought it, say my e-mail address is not on the database.

I think this is a very strange way to validate software.  A Purchase Order is just that a request from a customer for goods or services usually followed up by a receipt of some form or other and in the case of software some form of registration for validation key.  If I kept every Purchase Order I would be up to my neck in papers.

Alan

Every digital vendor has a customer support. You can contact them to recover your account and get a new copy of the invoice. Such information are always stored.

Do you know who the various Vendors are?.  I don't think I bought it from Australia.  I'm sure it would have been a UK retailer.  I didn't download it, I have a CD. Sorry to sound so vague but I'm relatively new to all this so I'm not that familiar with all retailers.

Archived