[NA - NCA] buildings missing from downtown S.F.

trusimm

I recently installed the following scenery for p3d v.2.5. in the following order: Global base, NA Gold NCA, Global Vector.

I have viewed 4 or 5 youtube videos now showing downtown San Francisco from the viewpoint of small planes run by p3d and using NA Gold Northern California region scenery.  Every one shows the downtown area clustered with tall buildings, like it is in real life.  My view, however, using the same scenery region shows only a few tall buildings.  Most of them are missing.  I've tried going into options for p3d and setting building density to max, but this makes no difference.  I can see the improvement in some details(the Golden Gate Bridge looks much better) compared to global base or global vector, but I feel like I'm not getting the full flying experience compared to what I'm seeing on youtube.  Could the order I installed the scenery have made a difference?  Should I have installed Global Base, then Global Vector, and then NA Gold NCA, as opposed to NCA and then Vector?  Any help would be appreciated.

My rig is Corei7 4790, 8 gig of ram, Nvidia GTX 750ti graphics card.

Do you have screenshots of what you're seeing, plus the links to those videos? A lot of folks run aerosoft's San Francisco cityscape addon over ORBX NorCal, and it looks a ton different.

I found the problem. Before, I was fiddling with just the "building" density slider, instead of the general scenery density slider in p3d options.  Playing with both gave me all the buildings I could possibly want.

I would love to try Aerosoft's cityscape.  How much area does it actually cover.  Could I actually spot my old home from a helicopter?  Does it mesh well with Orbx NorCal?

Thanks for your post, and sorry for taking so long to respond to it.

I recently installed the following scenery for p3d v.2.5. in the following order: Global base, NA Gold NCA, Global Vector.

I have viewed 4 or 5 youtube videos now showing downtown San Francisco from the viewpoint of small planes run by p3d and using NA Gold Northern California region scenery.  Every one shows the downtown area clustered with tall buildings, like it is in real life.  My view, however, using the same scenery region shows only a few tall buildings.  Most of them are missing.  I've tried going into options for p3d and setting building density to max, but this makes no difference.  I can see the improvement in some details(the Golden Gate Bridge looks much better) compared to global base or global vector, but I feel like I'm not getting the full flying experience compared to what I'm seeing on youtube.  Could the order I installed the scenery have made a difference?  Should I have installed Global Base, then Global Vector, and then NA Gold NCA, as opposed to NCA and then Vector?  Any help would be appreciated.

My rig is Corei7 4790, 8 gig of ram, Nvidia GTX 750ti graphics card.

Hi,

Please open your request into the right section and don't forget to add your order number into your signature

You can find it into the mail from FSS anytime you buy a product. It aslo remind into your customer area when logged.

Archived