Scotland, UK10 and XBRO airfields

sticks

Hi all

When I went to fly Ai's out of the interesting little airfield UK10 I was amazed that they started from the middle of the runway (did not taxi down to starting points) and in taking off ran out of runway using the grass at one end and almost crashing out thro' the hedge at the other end. 

Several airfields or airports in orbx appear to suffer from no links to both ends of the runway and Ai's have quite a problem using them realistically. 

If one starts to fly at a time that is not the start of the time schedule, the result is some flights get packed up and in a system where the main runway must be used to taxi to a park the outcome can then be a head on collision OR a standoff when the design timing did not produce the same outcome.

Is it the policy of orbx to not connect parks to both ends of a runway so that at least they can start in the right place, use the runway and escape without collision in a realistic way? 

At the nearby airport XBRO on Skye, added by orbx, but unlike previous sims FSX default does not have the airfield.   I could not get an Ai to show at all at this airport.  Its another airport with no links to each end of the runway but even adding them did not fix the problem.

Simmers who do fly Ai's may well have great trouble making them work in Scotland when they work quite well in other parts of the Country or Europe in conditions where there is no orbx scenery.

Frankly I find this sort of outcome unacceptable in a product we all have to pay for.

Archived