Scotland, Barra runway layout?

sticks

Hi all

I noted when I flew into Barra, EGPR that the layout of runways are not the same as what is shown in charts or even other third party airport scenery.  Runway headings are totally incorrect and R7-R25 is far too long and does not start where orbx starts it.

I wanted to fly with Ai's into and out of it and it has no parks or anything that makes FLYING possible.   Whilst I am quite capable of changing the layout I could not because the runways are "painted" into the sand and I could not run across them and feel happy about it.

The airport in real life has two posts to indicate the runway centreline except R7-R25 only has one at the R7 end.  On wet sand it would be impossible to see a runway defined in any other way.  No one is going to get out there and mark them like orbx has.

Watching youtube videos of landings it seems most aircraft land on R15 (heading 144) which according to charts is 846m by 46m but one would not see it defined in the sand only by its posts.

For realism one needs a blank sand patch with posts as indicated in charts added.

Totally illegally of course I have added parks via an overlay which does not interfere with the orbx original.   Thus I have Ai's flying in and out of R7-R25 but I am amazed that it appears that runway is used for all wind directions.  The Ai's only use R7-R25 which in charts is defined as 799m x 60m heading 71 degrees which you will find is quite different in your product.

How about an update to available charts and better realism?

Archived