Runway Elevation Problem

PaulSB

Last week I installed the beautiful Trees HD (order number FSS0369784), and then FTX Central 2, which came with it.  Central 2 recommended CRM Patch 004, so I installed that, followed by re-installing LIBS 150331, for good measure.  In each case, I re-started the computer, installed the file, re-started the computer, loaded up FSX and went for a short flight before re-starting the computer again to install the next file.  I have now tried to fly from 1S2 Darrington Municipal (the ORBX detailed scenery) to find that the runway and taxi-ways are in a depression.  I tried running the airport elevation correction auto-configuration tool, to no effect.  Looking at the lists in the manual configuration section, I noticed that 1S2 is not included in either the enabled list or the disabled list.  I have my mesh resolution set at the 5m which is recommended for 1S2.  What do I do now, please?

Hi Paul,

It sounds like the airport elevation adjustment file may be deactivated or outdated. Navigate to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and look for "ADE_FTX_PNW_1S2_elevation_adjustment.BGL". Make sure it has a .BGL extension and not .OFF. The timestamp should be 9/19/2009

Thanks Alex,

I have had a look at the elevation adjustment files, only to find that all of the files in NCA, NRM, PFJ, PNW and SAK have OFF extensions. The only files with BGL extensions are those in CRM, NZNI, NZSI and TF. I also have two versions of the file ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment, one with a BGL extension and the other with OFF. (The time stamp on 1S2 was 9/19/2009 as you suggested.) HELP!!!

Regards,

Paul

No worries, it sounds like FTX Central (1 or 2) didn't change the elevation adjustment file extensions. To fix it, try the following:

-Set FTX Central to North America or Global w/ hybrid on. 

-Check to see if the files are still set to .OFF, rename those that are to .BGL

-Repeat for NZ and other non-North America regions affected.

You can also delete one copy of "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.bgl"

Archived