Ftx Pacific Fjords install outside of (x86) folder

urbinized

Getting back into simming after a couple years away. I have a quick question for anyone who can help. I have a boxed version of pacifi fjords, I want to install it outside of the (x86) folder. How do I go about this ? 

One solution is to convert the boxed version into a download one. If you bought it from FlightSimStore, you can get the download version for free; if you got it elsewhere you can use the cross-grade offer, although there's a small cover fee for that.

Otherwise I'm not sure, as I've not installed from my discs for quite some time, though don't they just install into wherever you have FSX?

One solution is to convert the boxed version into a download one. If you bought it from FlightSimStore, you can get the download version for free; if you got it elsewhere you can use the cross-grade offer, although there's a small cover fee for that.

Otherwise I'm not sure, as I've not installed from my discs for quite some time, though don't they just install into wherever you have FSX?

The cross grade offer is an option, thank you I didnt realise that was available. 

Do the discs just install into the fsx folder? I have installed fsx outside the (x86) folder so If I use the discs will it automatically install where I have put fsx? 

The cross grade offer is an option, thank you I didnt realise that was available. 

Do the discs just install into the fsx folder? I have installed fsx outside the (x86) folder so If I use the discs will it automatically install where I have put fsx? 

I'm now using P3D, but as far as I remember, yes - wherever you have FSX installed.  As Ian points out, it's best to avoid installing into (x86) because of user access problems.

Archived