Plateau repair

strykerpsg

Gents,

A bit frustrated. Got most of the add ons installed but cannot get rid of the elusive plateau at Friday's Harbor field (default FSX flyover point) or the one generated at McChord field (KTCM). It was never there when I originally installed all before and now shows up. Anyway, I would like to just remove Orbx regions, Orbx Global base and FS Global 2010 FTX in hopes of removing the plateaus and reinstall them one by one to avoid the plateaus again. However, I see neither a Uninstall option in their menu or in Control Panel. I plan to do a repair option from the FSX files and leave the REX and additional after market planes installed.

Do you think I am going about this the right way or have I overlooked something? Also, if I must delete all and start over again, I will at least attempt to save the add on aircraft files and avoid that additional headache, just a bit frustrated and I know there's an abundance of KSX knowledge and wisdom.

With the very recent release of Orbx trees, I really want to feel immersed in the graphical depth Orbx continues to crank out.

Did you run the Vector configurator? When you run it, do not forget to click "apply" when done.

I just tried the utility again. It helped a little bit. By that I mean it now put KTCM on a large plateau rather than just the runway and taxiways elevated. Also had no change with Friday's Harbor, it too is on a plateau as well.

I noticed the newer version of FTX Central no longer has the Remove File option, so what is the best way to remove and reinstall the Orbx regions, Global base and FS Global 2010 FTX edition? I would prefer to leave the base install of FSX-SE installed so as to keep REX and the installed aircraft and utilities intact.

Thanks for having me look into another useful tool. I think I had applied it but perhaps not. Your thoughts on the way ahead?

What are the steps to deleting and re-installing? I did not see this covered in the pdf file, so any recommendations gladly accepted or should I just delete all Orbx associated files since there's nothing that shows up in Control Panel.

Archived