Water Level - P3D2.5 + Northern C + KTVL

jptheronmd

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums. I use Prepar3d 2.5 (latest vesion). I have recently purchased FTX Base Global, FTX Vector, USA NC and KTVL. I installed as per the manuals without significant problems. The scenery looks great but I noticed large dry brown areas (Lake Tahoe). At first I thought it was due to scenery problems but then realized these were areas supposed to be covered by water. I then moved to San Francisco and noticed the same thing. 

At this stage I do not have any 3rd party mesh installed but plan to install FS Global Ultimate eventually. I do have REX soft clouds and REX4 installed.

Anyone else had this problem? I have re-installed several times and must be doing something wrong but cannot figure out what.

Thanks 

Jean-Paul

Hi Misha,

Will go in-sim and take some. In the meantime I remembered that with the new ver. of P3D the terrain.cfg file is in the ProgramData directory and when installing FTX Global Base you need to move it to your Prepar3d directory (mine is a root folder on my C: drive). You then need to copy it back to the ProgramData/Lockheed.../Prepar3d directory. 

I did this and it resolved the water level completely. So before I was flying over dry ocean and lakes, now it seems normal. Tested at Lake Tahoe and San Francisco.

I then noticed a problem of missing buildings and traffic at Lake Tahoe. I will search the forums re this and if I don't find an answer post in a new topic.

Archived