Victa Airtourer - Error Message when ending P3P v2.5

olivers

Hi orbx-Team!

I have a slight challenge with the Victa Airtourer: When I exit P3D v2.5 after flying the Victa Airtourer, I receive the following error message:

ErrorendingP3P.th.png

This only happens when I fly my Victa Airtourer. With all other airplanes I do not see this behavior.

I user P3D v2.5 under Windows 8.1 64bit.

Do you know what is causing this error message and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oliver.

I think that error is to do with the Hobbs meter in the Airtourer. when the Airtourer exits it saves the Hobbs time as well as any user frequency set in the radio, that is why it is only this aircraft and not others. For some reason the write to file function in failing. try downloading and reinstalling the MS Visual studio 2008 redistribution. ( this is a set of C++ libraries used by the Airtourer). 64bit version for your system.

Hope that fixes it.

let me know how you get on

Paul

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your support!

Yesterday, I did reinstall all C++ Runtime packages. All versions and always both x86 and 64x. Unfortunately, this did not fix my error.

Do you have any other idea what could cause this error.

By the way: I really like flying the Airtourer! You did a great job developing this airplane!

ErrorendingP3Pc.png

Oliver

Hi Oliver

Yes i do have another idea

in the gauges folder

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges

Can you check that each of the following files are not set to read only (right click -> properties -> uncheck read only) i was able to replicate your error message by setting these to read only.

FRQSAVE.dat

VictaHobbs.dat

VictaTACHTIME.dat

let me know how you get on and i glad you are enjoying the Airtourer

happy flying

Paul

Thanks, Paul!

That was it! You found my problem!

Making these files read/write accessible by changing the security settings of these files for my user fixed the issue.

I assume it is because my P3Dv2 is installed into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" and normally, my standard user does not have right access in this folder.

Thank you so much for helping me with this issue! - I appreciate it a lot. Now, a great plane is even better!

Oliver

Archived