FTX Vector Golf Course Texture Problem

SimCaesar

I am using FSX:SE although I don't think this is an SE-specific problem. On a clean FSX:SE setup I originally installed Global Base, then I installed my Orbx region-specific sceneries (NRM, CRM, etc.). Everything was working fine, then I added FTX Global Vector. Now everything seems to work except golf courses. Golf courses appear as random ground texture tiles that change at random as I fly over them. The random textures sometimes include water textures.

I haven't found any other randomly-changing textures except the golf courses, and everything else looks as I would expect.

I have two options in FTX Central: "FTX Global" and "North America". If I change to "FTX Global" then the golf courses look correct and there are no randomly-changing textures. (This means I loose my add-on sceneries like CRM, which I obviously don't want.) If I change to North America, then the golf courses appear as randomly-changing textures. (I should point out that golf courses in the region-specific sceneries like Northern California look correct, although these are obviously not "generic" textures.)

If I turn off golf courses in the FTX Vector Configuration utility, I get generic autogen where the golf courses should be. I don't want this, as golf courses are important to VFR flying.

The only other scenery add-on I have that is non-Orbx is the FS Genisis Land Class. I disabled this and it made no difference. I am also running DX10 with Steve's DX10 fix; however, turning off DX10 and running in DX9 made no difference.

I did install the latest Orbx Libraries (FTXORBXLIBS_150215) which made no difference.

I tried re-installing FTX Global Vector but it made no difference. My installer is OrbxFTXGlobalVECTOR120, which I assume is the latest version. I have not tried installing any of the patches found in the Orbx support page.

I've discovered that if I set FTX Central to "FTX Global" and select "Hybrid Mode," I get my Orbx add-on scenery (CRM, etc.) and my golf courses don't look wonky in places like Southern California. So this appears to have fixed the issue, I no longer see any randomly-changing textures.

Was this the correct course of action? Any further insights into this issue would be appreciated.

Archived