N. Ireland and Ireland Display Issue

Murfman

Hello, ORBX Team,

You should be able to tell by my signature that I am a big fan.  Back at the end of November 2014 I purchased Ireland and N. Ireland. These are the first two ORBX regions that I have had trouble with.  When I first tested the sceneries I started with Belfast and Dublin and just hovered over those two airports in slew mode to take a look.  What I saw told me that something was very wrong: a lot of mismatched tiles and textures.  I assumed that I must have had corrupted downloads and told myself that I would try re-downloading after the holidays.

Well, I just recently did in fact do just that, and the results I got after installation were the same.  I then looked at my ORBX folder for the region and found that neither Irelands had any mesh folders, as other area sceneries do. Is that supposed to be the case? I also tried running the ORBX libs installer without results.

One of the reasons I've taken so long is that I hadn't yet set up a file sharing site, so that I could send you a couple example photos.  If they don't show up properly, please forgive, as I'm new at this and not sure I know what I'm doing. :wacko:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/tmurf50/Dublin1_zps6855c5f8.png

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/tmurf50/Dublin2_zpsf9010bc8.png

Thanks in advance for any help, and, as always, thanks to the team for transforming my FSX world!

Regards,

Tom

P.S.  I have for the time being uninstalled both these items, and I have to say that with FTX Global and Europe Open Landclass they don't look too bad.  I think I can live with this until we get the problem sorted out.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear ORBX Team,

I am normally a patient man; however I submitted this request on February 5th and it's now March 1st, and I haven't heard so much as a peep that you are at least looking at my problem. I realize that you have a lot of customers with problems and only and a limited number of staff to help out, so I'm trying to not be too hard on you :)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very savvy technically, but I have observed something which may be a key to my problem.

I have noticed that many ORBX area sceneries are organized to four folders, for example:

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

What I am showing for Ireland is this:

FTX_EU_IRL_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_IRL_06_CVX

FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM

The same situation applies to Northern Ireland. It should be clear that the folder labeled "*_07_MESH* is missing in both cases. For some reason the installer appears not to be working correctly. Just on the chance the my virus protection might be interfering, although it has never before been an issue with your products, I disabled it and tried reinstalling. Unfortunately the mesh folders were still missing.

I hope this helps, and I await not too impatiently, I hope, for your reply!

Sincerely,

Tom

Hello, Guys,

I'm posting this because no one has responded to my request for help, and it's been over a month since I first posted. Please see the thread, "Ireland and N. Ireland display problem."

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I've merged your threads back in so the original title can be viewed. It looks like you either have OpenLC set to the layer above Ireland or your terrain.cfg has been corrupted.

How to set OpenLC in the scenery library: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

Fixing a corrupt terrain.cfg: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Also the missing 07_MESH folder is due to Ireland not including its own mesh. Try out those two solutions and see if one works, if not we'll dig deeper.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me!  Also thanks for setting me straight on what I thought was a missing mesh folder.

The problem was, as you suggested, out-of-order Europe LC files in the scenery library. What does surprise me is that not everyone who has ORBX area sceneries in Europe and Europe LC doesn't have my problem, since the installer places the land class files at the top of the library, even if one has insertion points defined.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me out.  I'm a sad pilot when my ORBX world is broken!

Regards,

Tom

Archived