Maurice! Help with registry?

TMcIver

Hi, I remember Maurice posted something about how easy it was to update your registry to let Windows know where FSX is. I reinstalled everything last night. Then today had a windows disaster. So I reinstalled windows without to much trouble, it has its own drive. Now FSX is giving me weird directx issues (wont run), I wondered whether I need to update the registry before running it. All help greatly appriciated!

Tim.

You could try the FSX update tool that configures the registry but if you reinstalled Windows ( XP ? Vista ? ) you will need to make certain your Video driver's and latest Direct X Packages are installed otherwise this is most likely where your Direct X error is eminating from. You will also need to make sure ALL the Sevice Packs are installed, + the 7 or so .NET framework packages (if you are using XP)  and then run the FSX Path tool  now if this doesn't help delete the FSX.cfg file and allow it to rebuild one.

Thanks Maurice, I'll give a few of those a try. I presume I can google and find the FSX path tool, I'll give it a go. I was too scared to conceed that I'm running windows 7. Using build 7000 I had fsx running last night til a driver disaster. I reinstalled a fresh build 7077 and have hit these problems. I do understand running a beta operating system has inherant risks, but I'm pretty sure this trouble is more my doing than windows issues. Thanks for the help.

Tim.

I've been having a look around, I'm not sure where to find, or exactly what you mean by 'FSX update tool' and 'FSX Path tool'. And I can't find my FSX.cfg, presumably cause I don't have one since its stored in the users directory which went with the other windows install.

Archived