EU Ireland. New install problem

Tazzers

Hello folks. I've just bought a copy of FTX EU Ireland and I can't install it.

This is what I get:

Access to C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\Scripts\FTXLights_Day.exe was denied

As you can see I am using the Steam Edition of FSX.

I have succesfully installed FTX New Zealand both North and South islands, FTX Australia, FTX EU England, Wales and Scotland plus Milford Sound and Tamworth. All are working beautifully but I can't install FTX EU Ireland.

Can you help me please?

Thankyou.

Phil Foster

Okay sorry bud.

Thank you but only one is enough ;D

Concerning FTXLights_day.exe, that program is now obsolete and is replaced by the Global Night Lighting System. Therefore don't worry if you have a warning message. Just skip to next. All should be fine if you install afterward the latest ORBXlibs (150215)

Thank you but only one is enough ;D

Concerning FTXLights_day.exe, that program is now obsolete and is replaced by the Global Night Lighting System. Therefore don't worry if you have a warning message. Just skip to next. All should be fine if you install afterward the latest ORBXlibs (150215)

Sorry Richard. It puts a hard stop on the installation. I simply cannot continue with the install. I don't have that option.

Cheers.

Phil F

By the way, which version of FTX IRL are using ?

This is what I get:

Access to C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\Scripts\FTXLights_Day.exe was denied

I'm wondering if that is link to a problem of user's rights or not. Just execute the installer by right clicking on the exe icon and choosing "Execute as an administrator"

Y

By the way, which version of FTX IRL are using ?

I'm wondering if that is link to a problem of user's rights or not. Just execute the installer by right clicking on the exe icon and choosing "Execute as an administrator"

I bought the EU Ireland scenery today so without looking it is whatever the current download version is today. I did right click and run the installer as the administrator as well.

I did actualy get Ireland installed  but I had the default scenery in FTX ticked at the time so I had to start again. I would be happy uninstall and try again only that I don't want to start everything from scratch if I can help it and uninstalling ORBX scenery has never been a strong point for me.

Also, it seems to have thrown up some other issues and I am starting to see patches of default scenery, mainly in Australia but also over Scotland. You can't miss it. It looks like patches of nuclear devestation.

I'll open a seperate thread about that though with some screen shots but it started happening right after I tried to install Ireland so I thought it might be related.

Cheers.

Phil F.

Okay. New twist to the same problem.

I have tried to install the latest ORBXLIBS and I am getting the same problem:

Access to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXLights_Day.exe was denied

Then I have an OK button to press and if I press it I get kicked out of the installer and back to my desktop.

Cheers

Phil F.

Well this is getting a bit strange.

I opened FTX Central and chose Oceana and the latest ORBXLIBS installed just fine (apparently) so I went back in to FTX Central again afterwards and chose Europe.

Then I tried to install Ireland again and again got this message:

Access to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXLights_Day.exe was denied

Then I get the OK button to press which kickes me back into the wrapper and all I can do then is click Finish.

Cheers.

Phil F

Programs into the default install directory (C:\Program Files(x86)\) are very sensitive to execution and Windows often preventing them to do.

As for me, I installed Steam on the root of the C drive (C:\Steam\) to be sure not to annoyed by Windows security. I'll make some checks later as I'm current at work.

Hi Phil, would you mind taking a look at the thread I posted yesterday to see if you can work out what the problem is? I get a strange 0x80004005 error when attempting to unzip the EU Wales file. With WinRAR when I try to unzip the file has a checksum error and is "corrupt". 7 zip says the file is broken. I have downloaded the file 10 times with and without internet download manager and get right. I really need help with this as it is becoming rather frustrating as I paid £20 for the scenery that I can't use. I appreciate this forum being active and there being support readily available ;)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92922-my-eu-wales-software-is-not-installing-correctly-please-help/

Hello Dude. I'm no expert I'm afraid but when do you see the error? Do you see it when you try to unzip the file? Or do you see it when you try to initiate the installer?

It sounds to me like it isn't diwnloading properly.

Are you using wifi to download or is your computer connected by an Ethernet cable?

If you are using wifi try downloading again using a cable instead.

Also try rebooting your modem at the wall, they really benefit from being switched off and switched on again at the power socket regularly.

Hope it helps.

Phil F.

Phil,

I just install FTX_IRL into FSX-SE and I experience no error.

Here's what I did:

1- Install FTX_IRL. FTX central open at the end. I just close it.

2- Install ORBX_Libs150215

3- Into FTX Central I switched to Europe

3- Launch FSX SE OK

As I already said, your Steam location on the disk is not the right one as that directory has right restriction. You can move the content to another placer with change into registry or just uninstall Steam to put it again to another place

Thankyou Richard but I didn't have any issues installing any of the other FTX scenery.

For instance I bought NZNI only yesterday and it installed without any problems at all. Even though my other purchases were made over the last year or so I've only had my new computer for a week or so and so I have been busy installing them all to FXS Acceleration, P3Dv1.4 and now FSX-SE without any problems at all. Why is FTX EU Ireland different?

It may also mean that I cannot install any further QRBX products unless I do a clean install some time in the future and to be fair, nobody likes doing that do they?

As a matter of interest, is there a thread I can read that would walk me through, step by step, the best way to uninstall everything and start again from scratch? I ask because I think it might be the only way forward.

Cheers.

Phil F

Thankyou Richard but I didn't have any issues installing any of the other FTX scenery.

For instance I bought NZNI only yesterday and it installed without any problems at all. Even though my other purchases were made over the last year or so I've only had my new computer for a week or so and so I have been busy installing them all to FXS Acceleration, P3Dv1.4 and now FSX-SE without any problems at all. Why is FTX EU Ireland different?

It may also mean that I cannot install any further QRBX products unless I do a clean install some time in the future and to be fair, nobody likes doing that do they?

As a matter of interest, is there a thread I can read that would walk me through, step by step, the best way to uninstall everything and start again from scratch? I ask because I think it might be the only way forward.

Cheers.

Phil F

No need to unistall ORBX stuffs. Just uninstall FSXSE and all is deleted. After that, install FSXSE again into a new directory then ORBX products as you did. Finish by the latest ORBXlibs

Update on my issue, fixed it by using cable :) THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE AWESOME!!! :D

Thats great news, sometimes there's no substitute for an RJ45 and WiFi can be that bit more temperamental. Microwaves can cause a lot of issues for instance and they are coming from all directions all the time. The checksum error means that the file you just downloaded simply isn't the same size as the source file on the server because the transmission got interupted somwhere along the line, probably in the WiFi.

Anyway enjoy. FTX EU Wales rocks.

Richard. Thanks for the advice. I'll get on to it after I convince myself I can't put it off any longer.

Cheers.

Phil F

Yeah cables are so much better even though they are older technology but yeah Wi-Fi is very temperamental in Wales where I live ;) (Hence why I bought that scenery so I can practice VFR flying as I am doing my PPL in real life too). Thanks for the solution and everyone who helped me :D

Archived