Glideslope inactive at KRUT FSX

drskyking

Hi, trying to activate the glideslope for Rwy 19 at KRUT one of my local airports.  Trying to use ADE v1.65 and no matter how many times I tick the unchecked box for the Glideslope then ok and them compile, the glideslope red flag stays on and when I open KRUT and check the ILS 19 properties the glideslope box is unchecked again!!  Any help appreciated.  Thanks,

Robert

I am using the KRUT in one of your free downloads of NA airports from your site,  Thanks again.  Beautiful job with the airport!

Did you change the glide slope angle to 3,0 degree and tried saving it to your add on scenery folder or did you try to overwrite the original one? save it to the add-on scenery folder and name it the same as the one in the FTX global airports folder, then search the same entrie .bgl in that ftx global airports folder and change the extension to .off, then copy the one from your add on scenery folder to the ftx global airport folder ( this way you don't loose the CVX airportbackground ), the glide slope box stays checked. Did test it and this works but the glideslope activates a bit late autolanding you in the middle of the RWY instead of the touch down zone ( don't have the time now to investigate how that can be corrected, will see tomorrow ).

Herman

Got it with the touchdown, change the glideslope to 3,2 degree ( according approach plate ) and move the glideslope beam ( not the ILS beam ) to the touchdown zone near RWY 01 end, it's in the middle of the RWY by default and my guess is that is why the touchdown happens there. Did test and works like a charm now. Much fun flying there.

Herman

the glideslope beam is also green and is much smaller and placed on the left side in the middle of RWY 01-19 if you open it in ADE but glideslope has to be checked in the ILS tab; just click and drag it towards RWY 01 and recompile and place it back in the FTX Global airports folder with the same name.

I'm sorry for the skiing, I'm more a sun and tropical temps lover, did ski once a long time ago, winded up with a broken leg and decided to leave it to others.

Herman

Archived