FTX Global night textures

BenBaron

Hi guys,

I recently moved from FS9 straight to P3Dv2.4 as I was building a new rig. I never used it out of the box, though, but installed FTX Global, Vector and LC Europe directly on top of it, so I don't know how it is supposed to look vanilla style  ;D .

My problem are the night textures. While they look absolutely amazing flying at low altitude (congrats on that) doing departures and approaches they seem to fade out very fast becoming almost completely invisible at cruise level and as I'm only flying the airliners this is bothering me a bit. It seems like you're flying over desert while you're cruising over central Europe, killing the immersion we are all striving to get.

And I've already increased the autogen trees distance in the Prepar3D.cfg as someone was writing this would also increase the 3d lights drawing distance. And it did, but not as much as I was hoping. Mainly because this looks more like a texture issue and has nothing to do with the 3d lights.

See this picture I took above Frankfurt, EDDF at nighttime:

xfvxw4ad.jpg

Again, I simply don't know if this is supposed to be normal behavior in P3D with the FTX products, so bear with me if this has already been answered elsewhere. But if this is normal, it would indeed be a major drawback from how FS9 looked at night.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Friedhelm,

thanks for your response. But it looks like this all the time at cruise altitude, either. Climbing through 8000 feet the lights are almost not visible anymore. Maybe you or someone else could provide me with a screenshot at night time from crusing level and the location so I could compare it to what it looks like at my sim. Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived