YLIL loaded but does not show up

COBS

My hard drive failed recently,

I got a new Hard drive fitted , installed Vista and FSX Gold.

Then installed :=

1. AU SP 4 ( order # FSS0349946  )

2. Freeware (ORBX) Lilydale YLIL V2

3. Latest ORBX libs .

The Lilydale scenery indicated that it installed correctly , but Lilydale and Coldstream do not show up at

all , just the default FSX  YLIL .

ORBX Central does list Lilydale V2 as being installed .

I then installed Melbourne International YMML  ( order # FSS0026211  ) and that worked correctly .

I cannot understand why  Lilydale V2  is NOT WORKING  ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Lilydale YLIL has special significance to me .

Cheers

Karol

PS;

I did previously have Lilydale V2 working on the old hard drive that recently failed.

Hi Karol,

If you go into your  \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder, do you see the files for YLIL & YCEM as listed below. And of course there should be some textures for YLIL &YCEM in the corresponding "Texture" folder as well. 

If you don't see them, your install was not successful or was placed in the wrong folder. Do a search for these files on your system just to see if infact they were actually installed into the correct Orbx folder. They should have been automatically activated in the FSX scenery Library.

If you cant locate them, then try a reinstall of YLIL Lillydale & Coldstream V2, check the installer has pointed to the correct location.

c26bd11918ea661612c2478552e6ec61.jpg

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply.

Checked the above mentioned entries ,

my  FTXAA_AIRPORTS > Scenery  exactly matches those shown in your screenshot ,

also checked my Textures folder and it contains elements for both YLIL and YCEM .

I have not checked the  " Scenery cfg " as I do not know the pathway to it's location ,

also I do not know what the " Lilydale " entry in the  " Scenery cfg "  would look like .

It really has me baffled !

Cheers

Karol

For information ,

This is what my current  FTX Central 

Installed ORBX Products Report looks like . ( have only just started to reload my scenery )

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 101031 October 2010

FTX AU AI TRAFFIC V4.00 May 2013

FTX AU HOLGERMESH V1.0 (SP3)

FTX AU YLIL LILYDALE AIRPORT VERSION 2.0 (SP3) January 2013

FTX AU YMML MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.0 - NOVEMBER 2010

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013

Cheers

Karol

Back again

Just checking, do you have  FTXAA_Airports  listed and active (Checked) in FSX Settings > Scenery Library. Top of the list

then Holgermesh, then Orbx Libraries, then YMML, then FTXAU05 thru 48 and so on.........

Also considering you had to reinstall Vista and FSX Gold ( I'm assuming SP2 or acceleration) have you also checked to see if .net is up-to-date. Did you choose to install Orbx YLIL As Administrator. ( I also believe that because UAC can't be completely disabled in Vista unlike Win7, this could also affect how the scenery installed (Vista experts will know how to overcome this))

The active Scenery.cfg is found in ( C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX ) assuming this location is true for Vista OS, check FTXAA_Airports exists. (This Folder location is where all AU Freeware such as YLIL YRED YMUI and so fourth are located if this folder exists and is active the scenery should also follow.)

In your above post the Report has correct entry for YLIL but your Orbx Libraries are very old (31st OCT 2010) you might try also updating to the latest Libs v141228 (28th Dec 2014)

Back againJust checking, do you have  FTXAA_Airports  listed and active (Checked) in FSX Settings > Scenery Library. Top of the list

then Holgermesh, then Orbx Libraries, then YMML, then FTXAU05 thru 48 and so on.........

In your above post the Report has correct entry for YLIL but your Orbx Libraries are very old (31st OCT 2010) you might try also updating to the latest Libs v141228 (28th Dec 2014)

Hi Jeff

Thank you so very much , it's fixed now , I have YLIL and YCEM working .

It was the    FTXAA_Airports , I clicked add scenery and opened the folder and selected  FTXAA_Airports  , and it now works.

Re the Libs , I'm some what embarassed about this because I had downloaded the latest Lib , but then installed

an older one that I had backed up ??  :wacko:

I have now installed the correct latest Libs.

Again my thanks , I really do owe you big time for your kind help.

Cheers

Karol

Off having fun at YLIL and surrounds  ::)

My pleasure Karol,

no need to be embarrassed, no doubt you'll find yourself reinstalling the latest libraries a few more times yet throughout the reinstallation, as some of the earlier scenery packages have older libraries, this process was changed a while back, so that the user had to as a matter of routine install the latest libraries.  

As a matter of interest while you go about reinstallation, if any errors pop-up to do with FTXCentral just reinstall the Latest libs, it will save you a mass of headaches.

Also give your FSX installation folder full user permissions, by unchecking the "Read only" attributes box in the FSX folder properties dialog.

Have a great weekend re-acquainting yourself with Lillydale and Coldstream, all the best with the reinstall.

Archived