NW demo problem

tonyg200

Hello ED

hello Ed

I am sorry for not replying to my first questions on using the demo for FSX

have not been able to use my computer for a month

I have now a new setup and have prepar3d installed on drive C and FSX installed on drive D

I installed the the latest PN demo for prepar3d and set it to C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

the orbx files were placed in that folder my registry pointers read correctly for both Prepad3d and FSX

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0  setuppath=d:\fsx\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2  setuppath=C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\

I would like to enhance the default scenery with ORBX global but first have to get the demo to work with my setup

any ideas about using a dummy FSX.exe file placed on my C drive or edit of the orbx xml files

thanks  in advance

TonyG

here is an update to my install problem

the NW demo has installed to my prepar3d folder  C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX

FTX central placed on desktop

when I click on shortcut I get error messages about not finding FSX registry entrys

made some edits in the ftxcentralsetting.xml file changing FSXregistrykey to prepar3dv2 values

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<FTX_Settings>
  <Prepar3Dv2RegistryKey>SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2</Prepar3Dv2RegistryKey>
  <Prepar3Dv2RegistryValue>SetupPath</Prepar3Dv2RegistryValue>
  <Prepar3Dv2registrydata>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\</Prepar3Dv2registrydata>
</FTX_Settings>

the last error message is   value cannot be null  parameter name : name

can anyone that has orbx installed for prepar3d v2  post their ftxcentralsetting.xml file

I think maybe the last entry line 6 </FTX_Settings> may have to be changed

I don't know much about XML editing but this may be good learning experience for many here on the forum

thanks for anyone that helps

tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ED

I don't think you are interested in my latest update but here goes anyway

my topic got a lot of views but no replys from anyone

I did fjnd the right workaround to installing the PNW demo for P3D

I also downloaded all 28 freeware packs

My Orbx folder inside of P3D is 3.9 gb's

all the Orbx scenery and airports are great

Now that I have tested the Demo and am happy

I  purchased FTX Global          Order Number: FSS0351342

In the future if I have any questions I don't think I will feel good

about asking here on the forum  I  will have to just check for anyone else having the same questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

• 3 months later...

Hello Tony

I'm having a very similar problem to you when trying to install the demo PNW for P3D. When I'm back at my pc I will try editing the entries you suggest above. You say "I think maybe the last entry line 6 </FTX_Settings> may have to be changed". What was the change you had to make to that please?

I'm a new user of Orbx products having only installed the new trees so far and I like what I see. However the impression I'm getting from the forums is that installation of the PNW demo into P3D v2.5 appears to be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair!

John

Archived