FTX Central no longer shows default icon

Goggles2

Hi

I am brand new to the community. I just bought and installed the Scotland regional scenery package and noticed that the "default" icon has disappeared from FTX Central.

Is this normal? If not, how do I correct it?

The only reason I ask is that I noticed in the read me files that when installing a new package, Central should be set to default---I certainly wouldn't want to fly in the default FSX ever again.

Hi Drew and welcome,

You have FTXGlobal base, so this is quite correctly showing FTXGlobal icon as the NEW Default icon, this is the one you will look for when recommended to set to default. Have you installed the latest OrbxLibraries for FSX v141228  after you installed EU Scotland, if not you can Download them here at the bottom of the support page, make sure you DL the Libraries for FSX & P3D1x v141228 https://www.fullterrain.com/support  BTW you don't need to set FTXCentral to any particular region when installing the OrbxLibraries, it is always recommended to finish any NEW Orbx installation with the latest OrbxLibraries which are regularly updated with new content in the subsequent version. 

Hi Jeff

Thank you much for the quick response and for the welcome.

That puts my mind at ease.

This is a remarkable hobby for a retiree who always wished he had learned to fly in real life.

From the looks of some of those signatures, I'll have to up-grade my hardware substantially.

Still cheaper than a real aircraft.

Thanks again

Drew

My pleasure Drew, hope you enjoy your retirement hobby as many have already. A shift to P3Dv2.4 may be just the ticket for a guy looking to upgrade and begin an FS hobby .

Hardware upgrades are inevitable in this hobby, once we learn the basics we are always hungry for more, the best thing about Flight simming opposed to real, is that anywhere in the world can be chosen to fly at will, in any aircraft you desire to have in your virtual hangar.

Archived