Can't find Terrain.cfg

Martin

When I open FTX Central I get this message "can't find terrain.cfg", I had to replace the SSD drive that FSX was on and copied a backup to a new SSD, everything seems to work fine except i no longer have access to FTX Central because of this error? I tried to seach for it but can't seem to fine where it's at. I'm sure if I copy that file over to my new FSX folder things will be fine ::)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers....Martin

Okay, found it and dropped it into my FSX folder and now FTX Central opens but there is nothing there, so it must be reading a empty file, size is something like 248K, not sure what is going on but all my FTX scenery works, only icon that shows up in FTC Central is "Default".....

Thanks

Martin

Hi there Martin,

There are a few more steps to take here I feel. 

• After you transferred your FSX folder to the new SSD did you point the registry to the new location using the REGISTRY FIX Tool at the bottom of this page https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware  -  recheck FTXCentral and confirm you no-longer have a terrain.cfg warning. If the warning persists follow on to the next step below.

• You should be using the backup terrain.cfg from here in your FSXmainfolder \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work  - if you can't find the one in your FSXmainfolder

• You should then Install the latest OrbxLibraries - currently v141228

• Then open FTXCentral make sure you have all previous icons as before  - cycle FTXC by switching between (FSXDefault or FTXGlobal) and any other region eg;(NorthAmerica or Oceania), clicking apply each time.

Archived