Installed England Airport -- Then tried to Install England -- Help Please

PDX Flyer

I am having problems getting Orbx England installed.  Prior to installing, I did buy and install one England Airport (EGKA).  Shame on me!

With the wrapper screen still open, and the "Ready to Install" popup showing the correct install folder, I click the "next" button and the "Ready to Install" popup disappears?  When I look at the task manager, I only see the England Wrapper running, but not the Installer.

I assumed this had something to do with installing an airport (EGKA) before the England area.  So I looked at the orbx support forum FAQ, and I followed the instructions of deleting the airport.

I tried the install again, and still no luck as it behaved the same as before I uninstalled the airport.

This thread can be closed out.  But read on as you will find the problem most unexpected and something that should have been caught in the install program code, so the user would get a warning -- otherwise, the install just stops dead in its tracks and disappears from the screen.  Most frustrating!

Unbeknownst to me, my SSD drive had filled up and there wasn't enough room for the install program to continue.

This is something the Orbx programmers should look at as in my opinion there should be a popup warning message of why the install is quitting.

Archived