Not grasping "Hybrid" or Specific selection

wingclip

Hi Folks,

This is s Global Base related question so if I'm supposed to be asking this in a different section, (like the Vector or OpenLC), please just say so and move it there, (or I will), - thanks.

If I don't plan to leave a region during the flight session, then I should select the region in FTX Central as opposed to the Global Icon and the "hybrid" option. That's what the manual says and I understand it.

I have Oceania and North America as well as the 'Global 3', (Base, vector & OpenLC).

I would like to know what the differences in the scenery would be if I flew with the Oceania Icon selected as active in FTX Central as opposed to having selected the Global Icon with Hybrid selected?

What about the differences if I didn't have the "Hybrid" option selected for the same scenario?

In short, is the scenery quality better, worse, or indistinct in those 2 variations I mentioned?

I'm trying to understand whether or not I would be missing something in one of my regions if I had "Global with or w/o Hybrid" instead of the specific region as the selected active option.

Thanks,

Rich

Thanks Ian,

Of course, that's a little time consuming and the differences can possibly be so subtle as to escape my poor eye for detail when trying to remember the opposing setting.

In addition, I'm presently trying to fix my Milford Sound Elevation, (one of my most favorite of the payware airports, I might add)! It seems that only the payware parts of the Milford sound add on are sunken some 20ft in the ground.

I moved the NZMF position from where it had been, to a spot just above the first Global library inserts but that didn't work. So I opened the Vector Config tool and noted that NZMF's default setting was "Disabled".

Therefore, I moved it to the "Enabled" list and am about to see if that worked.

If it doesn't, I'll research the forums to see if anyone else had a similar problem, (I believe I did see something mentioned that was similar a few days ago).

Of course, if you or anyone else happens to know a solution, please feel free to take a shot at it here ;)

Thanks, Rich

Thanks Ian,

It didn't work, but I'm using the info from someone with a similar elevation problem in another thread, (they posted it on Dec. 25 2014). I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it, it's just a matter of trial and error.

Rich

Archived