FTX Terrain Regions and Higher Altitudes

cstei255

I will start by saying I have become a strong believer in FTX Global and Vector - though I will admit understanding which FS products and FTX products went together and then installing was a challenge, but it eventually worked out (the folks in the forum where a great help).  I fly the 737 which means after taking off and prior to landing much of the flight is done at higher altitudes.  If I have FTX Global will I be able to appreciate the advantages of the FTX Regions from 15-30.000 feet?  Thanks for your thoughts.

Hello,

Unless you are keeping your 737 flights within the regions or focused around them there may not be too much benefit. For example if you wanted to run airline flights around the west coast between San Francisco and Anchorage and planned on flying to many of the airline destinations then the NA regions would be useful. Or around the UK + Norway the same. But for high flying in and out of regions over long distances you'd really only see a handful of the airports intermittently.

Cheers,

Alex

Archived