Confused w FTX & UTx2.0 interaction?

RickSinGA

I have recently gone through a complete FSX re-installation including FTX, UTx 2.0, ASN and TextureDirect4.

I have spent numerous hours attempting to get the best mix of video and performance.  It has always been acceptable but I figured with a machine running at 4.9GHz it should be exceptional.  M7F/4790k@4.9GHz/GTX-780Ti-sc/16MB 2400 DDR3.  Very good running system.

Every time I thought I had FSX figured out it would somehow dissolve to mediocre. I have tried hundreds, likely thousands, of combinations and could almost get there, then poof; crap.

Well, yesterday it all seemed to come together quite by mistake.  I could get KPDX running great and then KJFK went heywire.  I found a thread in the DX10 section, I think it was, talking about some unlimitd settings in FSX, so I tried the combo.  ShaZam, KPDX was absolutly brilliant with FPS better than ever.  The best thing was the detail was so much better than it had ever been.  I was estatic. 

So, I figured lets try KJFK.  It Too, was perfect.  I did it, got it all right!!!!  HAPPY camper!!!!  Then I happened to think, wait; I don't remember changing FTX Central from NA to Global?  I exited FSX and looked at Central; it was on Global not even Hybrid.  So I changed to NA and went back to KPDX.  The FPS were still 24-37 but the ground textures were very blurry? Huh?

So I started thinking about what was different and came to the conclusion that FTX had moved a some scenery.  All three UTx Lanclass scenery's were above  FTXAA_Orblibs. That has to have something to do with it.  FYI: the Landclass parts of UTx are placed above FTXAA_Orblibs and all other UTx scenery's are below FTX lines.  All UTx is enabled except lighting.  I found non FTX areas really needed this to look right on my system.

Do I need different Scenery insertion points for UTx when in a FTX area?  Maybe not loading all of UTx's other scenery?  Am I out in left field entirely?

Need guidance.

Thanks, a very tired

Rick S.

What a difference!  I disabled all three UTx landclass's and WOW!

I can't remember how I got them turned on or moved up in the scenery to begin with?  Wonder if I need to just turn UTx off completely when I'm in a FTX region?

Flew from KPDX to KSEA and rarely ever got below 28FPS even in clouds; the visuals are beautiful.  Seattle was stunning although I was running close on VAS at landing!  This is what I was expecting for the investment.

Sorry for bothering you.

Rick S.

Archived