Vans RV-4(Steam Gauge version) Questions/Request

WhizWheel

Just purchased the RV-4 and am enjoying it(mainly the steam gauge version) quiet nicely, albeit with some fps lag below 30 fps around ORBX airfields. But had a couple questions and one request.  Looking in the SimObject folder and ORBX Vans RV-4 subfolder, I noticed that there was the usual aircraft.cfg file, but also an aircraft_OFF.cfg file as well.  Was just curious to know what the difference is between the two and if I swap names on the files, will I notice any difference?  My second question is about the altimeter set knob.  I have FSX set up so when I hover over a click spot, the cockpit tool tip shows what I am looking at.  Nice feature as you are learning a new cockpit.  Well, when I hover over the altimeter knob,  there is no tool tip that shows up.  On all the other click areas, the tool tip shows up.  Is this the way it should be? I like that on some planes, this tool tip allows you to see the altimeter setting easier when in the VC.  Now for a request on any future updates.  Could it be possible to have the option to have "inches" for the settings versus "millibars"?  Probably nitpicking, but I am so used to inches here in the states that when resetting altimeter in flight, I have to have a conversion table handy to do so. Thanks for reading and as always, I appreciate all feedback and clarifications.  Also loving the Holiday Sales!!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Jerry 

Archived