scenery

Rush2112flyer

Ok...I am up and running this FTX Global software. I like it and am playing with my display settings...

Question:  I have set things to high and ultra high. Am getting a little video chop. Also the lights in scenery are updating in section as I fly toward them along with bldgs. 

Is there anyway to make the lights and bldg.s update faster so I don't see sections of scenery updating as I approach them. Video I see from others... there scenery looks all there even from afar and isn't updating.

Is this a Memory issue??? Or what...

Hi,

That's a normal behaviour of FSX and P3D. You can extend the distance you can see objects displaying by increasing the level of detail radius (LOD_RADIUS) parameter beyond the default.

Into FSX, you have to modify manually LOD_RADIUS to number upper than 4.5 (for exempla 6 or 8). In P3D2, just change settings into Scenery parameter. The max in P3D2 corresponds to LOD_RADIUS=6.5

Beware, increasing artifcially that parameter can occurs crashs to desktop because you fill uo quickly the 4G of memory dedicated a 32bits program like FSX.

Archived