Need help installing EU England

Rayd

I have FSX installed at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, using windows 7 x64, I have been using VFR Real Scenery England & Wales but deleted all content from FSX Scenery.

I am trying to install FTX: EU England (& Wales) I get the error message - setup cannot create the following folder - \orbx\scripts.
I have no other Orbx products.
I have extracted FTX EU England & Wales using 7zip,

Please help
Ray

Hi Ray,

I presume you are under Windows 7 or 8.1. Installing FSX in the default location suffers from rights rextriction. Therefore you have to right click on the setup.exe and enable Execution as Administrator.

If that doesn't works anyway, you should uninstall/ install FSX in another directory such as C:\FSX.

Hi, thanx for your reply. I am running Win 7, I have had FSX for a long time now, had it on another hard drive with no problems, think I will do a clean install it on my C drive, update to SP2 then try installing EU England & Wales again and see if that works, I have been trying to install this over the weekend same error every time, PC nearly went out of the window.

Will let you know how I go on, off out for lunch now.

Thanks again

Ray

Archived