Unhandled Exception

Rush2112flyer

Hi Rush2112flyer,

You can use this tool to make sure your installed FSX location matches the System Registry.

Registry Fix Tool  https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware#

I see that you have FSX installed in the default, protected Folder location D:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Fight Simulator X \ which can cause these kinds of errors. It is always advisable to install FSX or P3D into a folder outside of the Program Files folder,  If you have only One HDD/SSD, or in a folder you create on separate HDD/SSD such as ie; E:\FSX\

Then you can give the FSX folder full Administrative permissions - by right clicking the FSX or/ Microsoft Flight Simulator X  folder.

Select Propreties > General tab > uncheck / remove the blue bullet from Read Only box > click Apply > place a bullet in Confirm attribute dialog (apply changes to this folder, subfolders & files) > Click OK > allow the process to run,  it might take a while depending upon the number of files and folder attributes to be changed. > when finished  close the FSX folder Properties dialog > Retry FTXCentral.

Jeff...thank you for responding to me. This PC has two hardrives.  I dont exactly follow your instruction.    I am not Computer savy and ignorant to what HDD/SSD stands for and will need more detailed information to figure this out. My d drive is very large and became the place to install FSX in. I don't understand the defalt protected folder situation. If I was to reinstall the game...I would need to know exactly how to do it. It has been running fine up this point. I just wanted to add Orbx to update orig. scenery for old game. I am sorry that I am not up to speed tech wise in your language about this. I am sure if you were here this would be a simple fix for you. This is just not myt area of expertise. It seems that this is a simple fix...because FTX installed ok....So a simple explaination and detail would help me if possible. I applogize Sir..

Hi Rush2112flyer,

No need to apologise, I have been digging around FSX and Operating systems for a while now, I am certainly no Techie but more like a sponge absorbing information along the way, it is rewarding when it comes to putting all the elements together in a cohesive way. Sorry I could not make the information more user friendly, my mistake I assumed the complex nature of installation as a prerequisite.

I will now attempt to simplify a few of the points and hopefully clear up what you need to do now.

HDD - stands for Hard Disk Drive - This one is 3.5' wide and has spinning platters within

SSD - stands for Solid State Drive - This one is much smaller 2.5' wide, much thinner and shorter No moving parts within.  

File Permissions & Protected Folders - The Operating System and User Account require certain "file access permissions", these permissions are mostly granted to a logged in User who is logged into the OS Administrative User Account. All file Read /Write permissions are automatically given to the Admin User, with the exception of ( \Program Files  and  \Program Files (x86)  ) these 2 folders are considered protected, that's the way MS set them up. This usually does not present a problem with most other programs, FSX & P3D are different in that when we need to alter reconfigure core components within the sim, file Read/Write full access permissions become essential. (Potentially the reason FTXCentral wont open for you).

2 Hard Drives in your system -  What type are they? - The install location suggests that you have FSX installed in \Program Files (x86) Protected folder. Can you clarify that the Operating System is on Primary drive, and FSX installed on the other larger drive. When you installed FSX did you choose the install location or allow the default location on the Primary OS drive.

What should you do now -

• Have you installed the Latest Orbx Libraries from here:https://www.fullterrain.com/support - do this first
  • What Orbx product/s did you install before the issue with FTXcentral, along with a brief description of the process of installation.
  • More info is required about your PC setup & specs, and install location for FSX and the OS.
  • I assume FSX SP2 or Acceleration Pack is installed already.

Hi Rush2112flyer,

Please make sure you have downloaded and installed the Latest OrbxLibrary v140927 for FSX/P3D1x from the support page.

Extract/unzip it using WinZip or 7Zip Into a temporary folder of your creation.

Then Right click the installer (FTXORBXLIBS_140927.exe) select Run as Administrator follow the instructions in each panel till completion.

next

Now that we know where your FSX is installed SSD ( D:\ ) and is on a separate drive from the OS C:\HDD you can now take charge, Full Admin Permissions of the FSX installation folders. Although I don't know why it has the default Folder tree naming/structure as on your OS - nevertheless we can still take full ownership over the files.

1. Navigate to  - D:\Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Fight Simulator X \   on your SSD

2. Right click mouse on the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X - and follow the step-by step procedure below.

3. Select Propreties from the Drop list >

4. Dialog opens with General tab >

5. From General Tab Uncheck / remove the blue bullet from Read Only box by clicking on it >

6. Click the word Apply at dialog bottom Right > a new dialog will appear, called "Confirm attribute"

7. In "Confirm attribute dialog" Click to Place a bullet in (apply changes to this folder, subfolders & files) >

8. Click OK > allow the process to run,  it might take a while depending upon the number of files and folder attributes to be changed. >

9. When task has finished - close the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder "Properties dialog" with OK >

10. Retry FTXCentral.

Archived