UK regions with Vector and OpenLC EU

Hippo

Hi,

Just bought Vector and OpenLC EU.  I already own the UK regions.  I am installing from scratch.  Is it worth me bothering to install the UK regions?  I assume there is a lot of duplication, what extra features do I get if install the UK regions?

(I apologise if this has been asked previously, I did try a brief search but no joy.)

Thanks.

Hi Hippo

Here is an extract from 'The Definitive Guide' :-http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

FTX Region Packs 
FTX Region Packs are small (well, not THAT small!) regional areas that contain ultra high detailed, hand crafted scenery in the entire region. They are the best of the best of regional scenery. 
They include ALL scenery layers (Mesh, Landclass, Textures, Vector) required for that region, all hand crafted and presented at a much higher quality than even the combined FTX Global family of addons.  
They also include custom regional textures, photoreal areas of interest, custom 3D objects and all airports within the region are upgraded and enhanced (except FTX Australia). 
FTX Global is NOT required to install and run the region packs, however, should you fly out of a region's coverage area into the surrounding default terrain, the transition is quite noticeable. Using FTX Global makes the transition almost seamless so is worthwhile if long range flights are being conducted.  

As you will read, it is well worth keeping the Regional Packs loaded as well as Global.

Kind regards

Ian

Archived