Airtourer in in FSX. No model and crashing FSX when selcted.

mach1ne

Hello, Sorry for a newby question. I have loaded up the new ORBX Victa Airtourer into FTX and the aircraft details are in the aircraft selection panel, but when you look at the details, there is no model, just a pilot,panel cowl, front landing gear leg and wing tip lights. If I select that aircraft to fly, it the crasheshs almost instantly. Other aircraft still operate OK. I had a look in the aircraft directory and the ORBX Airtourer is there with many sub directories, Model, Textures ,Sound etc. I'm not knowledgable enough on FSX to know if everything is actually there. I have been unable to get in touch with support at the flightsim store.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean

The FlightSim Store
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 330377
Detailed Invoice: https://www.flightsimstore.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=330377
Date Ordered: Monday 01 December, 2014

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Orbx - Victa Air Tourer (ORB-604) = AUD$39.95
Delivery Option Instant Download

Hi Dean

Just to confirm is this in FSX or P3D ?

the nature of the model corruption tends to make me believe that the files themselves are corrupted. my first suggestion would be to re-download the installer and try a reinstall of the aircraft.

before the reinstall you may need to first delete the folder:

...\SimObjects\Airplanes\Orbx Victa Airtourer

Also did the warning about running the gauges pop up when you selected the aircraft for the first time?

Paul

Paul, I have re-downloaded the installer from Flightsim Store using the other source (2 offered) for the download. I removed the first zip file downloaded yesterday, the unzipped files from yesterday and ORBX Victa Airtourer from SimObjects/airplanes, and then unzipped todays files into FSX main directory and ran OrbxVictaAirTourer100.exe. Unfortunatley with the same result. Is it possible that Toshiba Satellite P870 is not compatable with this particular software.I have it running on Nvidia GeForce GT 630m graphics processor.

Regards

Dean

Hi Dean

If you can run other aircraft you should have the system requirments to run the airtourer. which model are you selecting can you try both model varients. ie VH-ECI and G-AZHI. the other thing is delete any saved flights if any with the airtourer especially if it is a default flight.

also can you try to load another aircraft (default cessna) then once in sim load the airtourer.

all theses suggestions are to try to narrow down where the issue is occouring.

let me know how you go

Paul

Thanks for responding Paul. Neither ECI or AZHI will load. The preview on both show pilot and a few parts, and when you try to load them, FSX crashes. I started free flight with a Cessna, and then tried to load ECI, but FSX crashed before actually loading anything on the screen.

I have other aftermarket aircraft loaded. Ie Nigel Booth's CT4E

I have no saved flights.

Thanks for helping.

Regards

Dean

Hello Paul, I reinstalled service packs 1 and 2 and all is well.All the Airtourers's are there and fly. Thanks for your help and a big thanks for modelling the Airtourer. A great little aircraft.

Best Regards

Dean

Hi Dean

Thats fantastic im glad its now working for you. i would say that something went wrong when you installed SP2. there was alot of stuff added in that update epeciallly on the gauge side of things wich i beleve was the reason for your crashes.

I hope you enjoy flying the aircraft

Paul

Archived