Vans RV-4 canopy reflections

WhizWheel

With the holidays approaching, I am looking at possibly purchasing the ORBX Vans RV-4, but had a question about the looks of the canopy.  From the online pictures, the aircraft body looks great, but the canopy looks somewhat "artificial" no pun intended.  Its just that I have the Baytower RV-7 and the canopy on that model has some really good reflections and shine to make it appear more realistic.  Are there any ORBX RV-4 owners out there that can attest to the shine/reflections or lack thereof concerning the canopy.  Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

As I don't know how the RV7 looks like in FSX, can you please post a picture and another one related to the RV4 you are thinking about please ?

Good Day Richard,

Here are some pictures of the RV-7 and some that I have found online of the Orbx RV-7.  I have tried to find videos of the Orbx RV-7, but there are not too many that show up on the Youtube search.  Sometimes videos show more canopy reflection than pictures.  If you have any better picturesvideos that show how the RV-4 canopy reflects/shines, please share. Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,

Jerry 

TRWji.png

P5Eh8.png

gsclp.png

QHMXB.png

s6vd3.png

4zTEu.png

oAr8E.png

KzyIp.png

SJ2aU.png

c0rDy.png

G'day Jerry,

The realistic aspect basing on the reflective effect is rather subjective.

I investigated a little about RV4 and RV7 in real. It appaears that the gloss effect is depending of the angle of view, the enlightment and the kind of canopy itself.

The other point is the shape of the canopy. RV4's one is for single pilot whereas RV7 is for two. Therefore, the behaviour of the light is not the same.

In my own opinion and experience with real aircraft, too much reflexion is not really realistic.

RV4:

PlanespottersNet_268245.jpg

RV7

VansRV7%20copy.jpg

RV7.jpg

A comparison between real/fictionnal:

3731924.jpg

2fRyu.jpg

Additionnal shots of RV4 v2 with all light effects on in P3D2:

p61O.jpg

itr7R.jpg

QyDI.jpg

Eohwe.jpg

Hope that answer helps you to make your mind up.

Richard,

Thanks for the comparison to real world models.  The last few pictures tend to show more of the natural reflections/soft glare.  So now to make up my mind :unsure:   Have a wonderful holiday season! 

Cheers,

Jerry

Archived