Scenery Disappears

caddieca

Hello - I am having an issue with my scenery disappearing once I become airborne. It will all load nicely, but once I get above 2000-3000AGL the scenery all looks like this. My GPU is running at 30% throughout,I dont think its a  dump to save memory.

Any ideas...

Zda5A.png

Sorry - First screenshot upload. Here is a better one...

EXuLd.png

Hello caddieca,

Typically blurry scenery while flying is indicates that your system is struggling to keep up and so it does not finish loading textures fast enough. What are your system specifications?

Sometimes turning down a few settings can allow the simulator to fully load everything and stay caught up.

Regards,

Alex

Greetings ,

Don't forget that FSX is a CPU intensive beast, so your graphics card could be loafing while the AMD processor is struggling. Posting your settings would be the next step, to see if you can find a better balance between performance and scenery quality.

Respectfully,

Brian

Hi Caddieca,

One of the first things to check in FSX Settings > Graphics Tab > "Filtering" set to "Anisotropic" instead of Trilinear, I have noticed a lot of users have selected Trilinear through some YT advice. Also it is not surprising that your GPU load is only @50%, what you should be more concerned with is the CPU load, as FSX relies more heavily on the processor to perform, and more specifically a single core of a multicore processor for FSX'es 32bit processes. HT will not add anything to FSX except "heat" to the processor if you don't need HT for anything outside of FSX then its is best to switch it off.

You should look at being more conservative with FSX sliders as your Processor OC is under 4Ghz. For Autogen slider and water settings, and other things like too much AI traffic cars boats & ships will all add burden significantly to the CPU cycles needed to display a consistent flyable image. 

Archived