Arizona seems very stock FSX

akmatov

Here are three images (first try so hoping this works) of Arizona.  FTX Central set to FTX Global.  I have FTX Global, FTX Global Vector and Pilot's FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible installed.  Flying over Arizona it seems very like the stock FSX and not like some of the excellent images posted here of Arizona.  What could be wrong?

XqHQ.th.jpg

kcBYZ.th.jpg

CTe9m.th.jpg

Don't know how to size the images, but if you click on them you probably will get a larger image.

Hi Akmatov,

Just a couple of helpful tips

When posting screenies through fsfiles.org, once you have your upload codes, If you choose highlight & copy the full BBCode from the Direct Links section, then you can paste that BBCode directly in your post, giving the viewer a full sized instant idea of the problem you are experiencing. The posted image (%7Boption%7D code text %7Boption%7D) will be transformed into visible picture once posted or previewed. 

Otherwise use the ("Image button" Looks like a little tree) to post "DirectLinks" Direct Link code, the posted picture will be instantly visible to you as you create your post.

Another thing that always helps when locating such issues ( for comparison) would be pressing SHIFT+Z in SIM to activate the LON / LAT / ALT / MAG co-ordinates, in that way the area can be more easily identified and compared.

Hi William,

Although I am only using FTXGlobal base for this area, with default Mesh, I am seeing something somewhat different than what you have in your screenshots. I did a little flight out from ( KRYN - Ryan, heading runway direction from 06 - towards Tucson) below is what I see. Still a lot of tan desert though, which is expected I think this screenie sort of lines up with your first one. One thing I noticed with the Default KRYN airport though, was that my hangars and sheds would vanish and reappear at certain viewing angles, wether on the ground @ Rwy 06 or airbourne flying around the field particularly in spot view, can you confirm this in your setup. 

XSRJE.jpg

Ksdyn.jpg

Perhaps you have an ordering problem with your scenery library relating to the position of the (ORBX OLC entries). These should occupy the position directly below the FTX regions & airports and above the default FSX entries. You should set these using the Library insertion points tool within FTXCentral.

Have a read of these 2 FAQ's for pointers on how to correctly set scenery library order and Insertion points.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

FTX-------entries

ORBX!_OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!_OPENLC_EUROPE8

ORBX!_OPENLC_EUROPE9

ORBX!_OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!_OPENLC_BASE

Edwards_AFB

Jeff, this is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for! 

I'm off to check some things out as your images are much more what I was hoping for in purchasing all the Orbx software.

Archived