FTX Central Error in Procedure

Antic81

Hi there,

I have had FTX Orbx Australia (SP4 download) and New Zealand (North and South Islands download) for a few months now and they are really incredible pieces of enhancement to FSX, so thanks for the great work there!

The issue I am facing is one involving the Night Lighting effect, Ive been trying to get it to work for the last couple of days and am having no luck. (I usually fly during day light hours to enjoy the scenery)

I select the FTX night setting on my desk top and it comes up with a message that the night lighting is now in effect and I may lose some performance (which I believe is normal) however after flying around at night over both Australia and NZ and dont notice a change. Looking at the screenshots it was definitely not working as it looked exactly the same as before without the nightlighting switched on. So I went over to my FTX central and looked at that - vector road lights were ticked and still no joy (tried cycling through a few times and applying) still no change.

Then I tried to go into the light tweaker tool in FTX central and it came up with the following error message:

Error in procedure GetLightMode:could not find file 'C:\Program files (x86)\MicrosoftGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXStatus.cfg 

I then went onto your website and tried downloading a patch for Australia which installed ok, but after installing I still get no joy with the night lights and still get the same message again. I have tried searching the net for answers with no joy unfortunately so I thought I'd register and ask here!

Am I missing something or just being daft? Or is there something a miss?

Many thanks for the help.

Anthony

Archived