FTX Global Installation Issue - Again

cstei255

I had a previous post and I thought I had fixed my issues, but they are back - I'm sure this falls under operator error.

I now have the disk version of FTX Global, but was having the same issues when I downloaded the software online.  

When I run the installer it copies the files to temp folder

- The files unwrap

- I see the the product installer prompt and I do not click finish on this wrapper until the product installer has completed

- I click 'finish' on the FTX Global Base wrapper that has now completed processing (HERE WAS MY ERROR - IT ISN'T THE GLOBAL BASE WRAPPER THAT NEEDS TO COMPLETE - IT IS THE NEXT STEP).

- I click 'next' on the Base Pack welcome screen (RUN THIS PRIOR TO CLICKING ON FINISH GLOBAL BASE WRAPPER)

- I agree to the terms and conditions

- I click P3dv2 which is my version

- This is my first Orbx product so the FTX Central does not open (I assume this is correct as it actually says it won't open if this is my first Orbx region - I'm don't think that FTX Global is a region, but maybe it is considered one for installation purposes)

- I click next on 'ready to install' where it finds my P3d Folder on the C: drive and creates a shortcut 'Orbx'

- I see Installing FTX Global Base Pack

- After the bar reaches the end it tells me to browse for the path and it is looking for the  OrbxFTXGlobal130.exe file - I can see when I look in the folder that the application/exe file is there, but it doesn't see it and won't allow the program to install.

To be sure I tried a second way by copying the files from the disk to my own temp file - I ran the application/exe file and have the same results.  My computer is set up so I have administrator rights, but to be sure I also tried running as administrator w/o success.

The final Error that comes up is:

Setup can not open the following archive file (you must have inserted the wrong disk).

I was able to fix my problem once before and I thought that when it did work the FTX Central box opened during the install, but I had some issues and needed to re-install the software - I'm not sure if the FTX Central box is supposed to open.

I'm stuck - any help would really be appreciated.

Order number - FSS0317954

Thank you!!!

OK - so for all those folks out there that have some challenges like me - when it says 'Ensure that the product installer has completed before clicking Finish to close this wizard' it means run the FTX Global Base Pack Setup before clicking 'finish'.   As I said in my opening post - operator error.

Archived