Global Open LC in Washington, DC

johnost

There seems to be a problem with the Mall in Washington DC. The Mall is a green, open stretch between the Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial. With Global Open LC 1.30 and Global Vector 1.15 the Mall is heavily treed in my presentation, and I can't find the White House. Do any of you see the same, and is a correction needed in the program?

Hi:

Before asking for a payware support, kindly add you order numbers to your signature. How to do this, please read this:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

BTW - I don't think there is an ORBX product such as Global Open LC 1.30. Open LC for NA is in the works.

Thanks for your reply, and pardon my sloppiness. I have OrbxFTXGlobalBASE130, OrbxFTXGlobalVector115, and OrbxFTXopenLCEU100 installed. I was not trying to criticize, but was merely wondering if the trees on the Mall were to be expected, or if I had screwed up somewhere.

Hi Johnost:

:) - no prob. I'll have a look myself later today, but as the Global Base is a straight texture replacement for the original MS FSX textures, I would assume that whatever MS decided to allocate for the DC was just replaced by our textures. In the mean time - would you mind to post a screen shot for comparison? Thanks!

How to attach a screen shot: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

That is my problem. Everything went as prescribed, until I got to "copy and paste" the BBCode for the pictures - did not work in several attempts. I followed all instructions to the letter, any clues?

Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this forum's software supports copy-paste, I too have never had it work

hey william..

just saw from ur order list that u r running FTX global + vector without any mesh product(like FS global 2010). how is it coming for u?? any issues??? i am also planning to buy vector and just wanted to confirm this with a person whu dont use any mesh product and runs vector on default fsx mesh.

thanking you

govind

just saw from ur order list that u r running FTX global + vector without any mesh product(like FS global 2010). how is it coming for u?? any issues??? i am also planning to buy vector and just wanted to confirm this with a person whu dont use any mesh product and runs vector on default fsx mesh.

Govind - as a newbie I didn't realize the need for a mesh product at first.  But I did add FS Global 2010 recently.  Made a large difference.  I live in Tucson AZ and have mountains on the northern and eastern horizons.  Before they looked like low hills, but after FS Global 2010 they are about four or five times higher and look correct.  Big, and $100 expensive, difference.

I think I wrote above the IE doesn't work here. You've got to use something else, such as Chrome (for better or worse).

IE 11 doesn't work well in a lot a forums but IE10 does. If you want to still use IE (I do), revert (downdate :P  ?) to 10 and cancel the automatic IE update in Windows.

Archived