Ocracoke (W95) trees on runway after FTX GLOBAL BASE Ver 1.30 installed

RocheTJ

After installing FTX Global Base ver 1.30 I have trees in the middle of the runway in several places at Ocracoke (W95). This airport enhancement was included as part of FTX Global North America Airport Pack 04. No tree issue prior to the Global Base 130 installation.

Any thoughts on how to remove trees from runway?

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I have had the same problem for months I had started a thread called...l "trees trees trees everywhere" ...no solutions came back. I have tied all many tests but no luck. Then other day I went into my FSX/ ORBX directory I went to FTX GLOBAL/ FTX FTXG AIRPORTS and removed my scenery and texture files to another hard drive. Guess what.....all trees were gone "Try It" I then re installed one of the NA packs and the trees were back.

These are great airports if you remove the 2 files you can still get the airports but no airport detail or animations "bummer"

I wonder if anybody can find the link that causes NA Packs to install the trees at some "not al" l of their airports.

Maybe the author of NA Packs would be able to troubleshoot.

Spinker

PS please let me know what you find

Remove the CVX File:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_W95_CVX    ...and the trees are gone.

If you use VECTOR, you have no Beach at this place, and so the developer moved this Airfield out to the ocean.

I´m using UTX-USA and the beach is wide at this Area, so the runway is situated out on the beach, .. but without trees!

Archived