Pacific Northwest Scenerey Water is Trees...

grenville

I have tried the fix with FTX Central, and all I get are error messages. I have done multiple un-install and re-installs, and nothing works. After quite a few of these cycles, I have finally gotten the terrain to work at least, but the water is still trees. I can't really do much with the advice from these forums without FTX Central working on my PC...(Windows 7, downloaded Orbx Pacific NW legitimately in July, PC is WAAAAYYYYY more than capable of running it....150GB SSD + 2TB backup, with alot of other specs that should run the software no prob.

I don't understand....

I'm probably just going to splurge a few hundred on a new harddrive and start over...seems like the best thing to do.

• 3 months later...

Hi Greville,

Don't feel bad you got no reply - you need to add an order number. (EDIT: Sorry - you did I see).  Also I have been at this a long time and it is bugging me too. As suddenly I have the same problem. Again. After re-installing the Vector series (110, 115, 120) and PNW twice still I have trees everywhere in the ocean inlet to CYSE (Squamish airfield install). Last time this happened it proved quicker and less frustrating to wipe my dedicated P3D SSD drive and reinstall P3D, ORBX and everything else from scratch. Annoying as I could not find a solution on the forum either. I am reluctant to rebuild my P3D-based sim as I intend doing it when 2.5 arrives ... presumably shortly.

Btw, I have tried a lot of trial and error with the Library and in folders in an attempt to isolate this problem. Was it the Region NO. Was it Squamish? NO. Was it Vector?  Maybe? But reinstalling it by the book didn't solve it. Is the Scenery or World folder? NO. There must be a technical solution at ORBX. Quite a few seem to have had this type of issue. And to be fair to ORBX careful re-installing generally fixes everything.  I use Acronis Image 2014 for backup but restoring my last P3D backup made matters worse. Ho hum!

Maybe someone at ORBZ support can chip in at some point.

Regards 

Gareth

I believe the fault lay with the complexity of ORBX/FTX product installations. Same as the last time. When terrain.cfg gets corrupted you're sunk when no-one seems to know how to fix it, or are just not telling. 

I decided again to re-install P3D and start over. This is a more satisfying process than troubleshooting or waiting for assistance. 

Trouble is it all of it wastes so much time. I sometimes wonder if it's time to move on. None of compares to flying the real thing anyway.

Just in case anyone is interested. ^-^

Gareth

Archived