KTVL:Adding "Glide Path" to LDA/DME-1 RWY 18

matthew47

Hello

This is for THE wonderful KTVL scenery airport by Misha.

1st off I have AFX and I went into the Orbx KTVL AFCAD and put a check mark where it asks about "Has Glide Path"  since I wanted to add a glide path (easier to land when flying the Lear45).  I noticed that when I get about 20 to 30 feet off the ground my nose dips down suddenly and I basically do a nose dive into the runway.  Is there any other adjustments that I need to make in order that the "Glide Path" is correct?  I resent my landing several times to make sure it wasn't something I was doing.  For example do I need to make any adjustment to the elevation or range?  I did notice in my AFX that my range is slightly different.   DME states 27.2 where the glide path is set at 27.0.  Perhaps I can try that. 

Anyways, thought I would ask.  I should ask this question in the Sim Flight Forum under AFX as well. 

Thanks!!

Matthew

Oh, sorry.  I didn't know that I would be modifying a file and being out of compliance.  I don't mean to be Insolent.  Not sure what the EULA is.  Anyway's, I will try to a few things and see what happens.  Thanks for your feedback Misha. And, I will let you know.

Matthew 

• 2 months later...

Hi Matthew,

It's against the EULA to modify original Orbx files, however I will note this for a possible future update.

Nevertheless, let us know if you do get it right and it will be easier for us to implement it :)

Cheers

Strictly speaking, it would be incorrect to add GS as this approach doesn't feature it IRL.  There aren't a lot of airports in the US which have LDA approaches, and one of the things I like about KTVA is that it does feature one.  Would prefer to see this kept as it is at the RW airport.

I know the original post was a few months back but I'd point out to Matthew that IRL you would have disengaged autopilot long before 20-30' AGL.  An LDA approach is a non-aligned approach (and non-precision), and in this specific case, the final 4.4 miles are required to be flown visually, where the pilot would be expected to accomplish the final runway alignment and descent in visual conditions hand flown.  I know this is a bit far afield for the support forum, but I offer the above mostly to bolster the argument that a GS should not be implemented on this approach.

Scott

Archived