how to restart people flow and related animations

spinker

I've never heard of the animations stopping, but there are a couple solutions you could try. First make sure that "advanced animations" is ticked in the display settings. If it is, try unticking, hitting ok, going back to display settings, and then checking off "advanced animations" again. If that does not work try reloading scenery by hitting ALT to bring up the toolbar, going to World | Scenery Library and then hitting ok. 

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply. 

I tried you suggestions but they did not help with people.flow, 

I would like to bring you up to date with this problem. 

Several months ago I sent a post that My Scenery.cfg file was compromised by a recent scenery installation. This installation completely rewrote my scenery.cfg. It changed the numerical order and locations of all my scenery.cfg entry's. 

One of the results was all of my people flow installations no longer functioned. (no People). 

You answered my post by giving me a link to uninstall ORBX. after thinking about that option decided that may be too involved because of all the ORBX products that I have. (I have all of them).

Reinstalling them with all the patches and scenery files etc.: would be a monumental project for me since my memory of what ORBX files I have collected would be a problem. I have over 900 entry's my scenery.cfg both FSX and ORBX.

Another recommendation was how to uninstall and reinstall individual ORBX scenery files. This is what I have been doing..

It has been a tedious project but most of those scenery files "did" restore People Flow.

I had to uninstall the individual scenery from the ORBX directory and then checking within the ORBX web page that individual info/buy photos to see if I was getting all the People Flow back again. 

In most cases it seems to have restored most them not all but most. 

That leads to a question that I have. 

When People Flow is working do all People Flow animations show up at one time or are some individual people displays on a timing schedule?

I have been preparing this reply for several days. 

THIS JUST HAPPENED TODAY 12/17/2014 !!!! 

I have been following your comments on a thread called "White Grass in north America" and noticed your comments about ObjectFlow (see below)

Looks like ObjectFlow is not working as it should. Starting with KWYS, try going to the C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery and run 

Module Installer.exe then click "Install Flight Simulator module(s)". Then boot up FSX and see if it requests permission to run ObjectFlow_KWYS.dll.

I tried the above instruction using a scenery file called "S45" Siletz Bay Airport" which I reinstalled several times but was never able to revive PeipleFlow but after using your directions above PeopleFlow was restored!!! 

so using your formula I may have found a solution to restoring my PeopleFlow. What do you think? 

So hopefully I am through with this thread.

Thank you so much for your knowlege and help.

Spinker

Archived