Why is this happening in Sedona?

WIEZZY

Hi,

I just installed FTX Global Base for the first time, and I'm using Prepar3D v2.2. I installed the 1.20 patch, but I don't know for sure if I had 1.10 before that, because I don't know how to check to see what version I have.

The question: Why is this happening?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wiezzy/14811664304/in/photostream/lightbox/

The pic was taken in KSEZ, and it only happens in that particular spot, although I haven't checked more than a few airports, so it may be happening elsewhere.

• When I go into the scenery library and un-check EITHER "FTXAA_ORBXLIBS" or "FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS," the situation fixes itself, but I don't know what other repercussions un-checking these scenery files has.
  • I previously installed freeware from https://www.fullterrain.com/product_global_packs.html. I installed North America Map Packs 1-7. Not sure if this is related, but its the only thing I've done to scenery in Prepar3D, and KSEZ is one of the airports listed in that pack.
  • This problem is also occurring in other airports in the North America freeware packs including KTEX and KMCD
  • I have no idea how to uninstall the freeware packs, despite doing a bunch of research, so for all I know, that may solve it. If anyone can tell me how to uninstall them, that would be great, regardless of whether that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Brian,

The shapes you are seeing are dandelion objects, this would be a DX10 preview mode issue in FSX, but I note from another post you are running P3Dv2.2, please install the Latest OrbxLibs for your particular sim. It is not advised to use DX10 preview mode without Steve Parsons DX10 Fixer in FSX as these issues are unresolved in FSX DX10 preview unless you have Steves Fixer tool.

There are 2 variations of Orbx Libraries availiable from the fullterrain.com support page, one for FSX & P3Dv1x and one for P3Dv2x, please make sure you install the appropriate one for your sim, located near the bottom of the page here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

Hi, I just installed Orbx Libraries, but it didn't help. I'm also not sure what you mean when you talk about DX10 Preview mode. P3D v2.2 can't even use DX10 as far as I know, since it requires DX11 to run. I don't know anything about FSX, so unfortunately comments referring to FSX will be lost on me. Anything else I can try?

Try unchecking "NoShadow Flagged Content". That option is for developers to check shadowing on objects that are not intended to cast shadows. I can't tell for sure if that's your issue but it's a good starting point. If that doesn't work could you provide a closer screenshot of the black boxes? 

Archived