FTX Global will not install

lawfer51

Hi.

Just purchased FTX Global and am having the darndest time installing it. There are multiple errors, files not found, exception errors etc. FSX is installed in the default directory and I am using Win 7 64bit. Have tried everything; uninstalling FSX, reinstalling FSX, but to no avail. Please help. It seems a waste of money if product will not work.

Thank to anyone in advance.

I've just gone through the same exercise with the Pilots mesh.

You can check the validity of the downloaded files by using a hash generator. A free copy can easily be found with a google search.

I had one file which was corrupt. If you find a corrupt file delete it before downloading a second time otherwise the second file may have _2 inserted in it's file name.

If you don't notice it you won't be able unzip it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. These are all valid points and I did try them. Then I used a program to check how fsx is loaded in registry. It determined for me that "app path" was pointing to a previous installation of fsx, and was therefore incorrect. Once corrected, ftx global installed without a hitch. A simple fix. I guess I had assumed that reinstalling/fixing fsx would correct any registry errors, but I guess it didn't. Perhaps this might help someone else in the future.

Archived